Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We were arrogant, we were complacent

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes Gus was arrogant and complacent and so were many of our fans

They did us in our manor in the biggest game ever between us, what more do you want.....

They won

Unless they lose on Monday !!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Really don't care about Crystal Palace (well I hate them of course but have no interest in reading about them). We'll both be back to square one in the Championship next season and we all know which club has better long-term prospects, without being complacent.

I do think some of our fans were stupidly arrogant and that's always embarrassing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

They did us in our manor in the biggest game ever between us, what more do you want.....

They won

Unless they lose on Monday !!

Exactly. I'm clinging to Watford winning to completely dilute their freak result win and essentially make it count for nothing. The better side is the one who's top after 46 games right? That's what their fans been saying on here all season! :lol:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
See off firms and organisations and helpers (twice)... now let them do the decent thing and pay off these people they put out of work...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm surprisingly underwhelmed by the whole play-off experience and can't get too worked up about the fact that we didn't go all the way to Wembley and beyond. I don't know whether it's because we've come so far in the last couple of seasons, but I left the Amex after the 2-0 almost with a 'meh' attitude. Hope I'm not losing my football mojo.

D

Deleted member 18477

I'm surprisingly underwhelmed by the whole play-off experience and can't get too worked up about the fact that we didn't go all the way to Wembley and beyond. I don't know whether it's because we've come so far in the last couple of seasons, but I left the Amex after the 2-0 almost with a 'meh' attitude. Hope I'm not losing my football mojo.

I did a bit... But that's because it's so hard to compete in the prem due to the ridiculous financial difference between the premiership and the rest of the football league. It's got to the point now where it's out of hand.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think the team were complacent at all, there's no way they thought it was a done deal. And fans were hopeful and confident. If some were complacent, so what, they weren't playing, it made no difference.

Palace won because our best 3 shots (Hammond, Barnes, Barnes) were saved, and Zaha's wasn't. That's it.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
People are just making stuff up now.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Exactly. I'm clinging to Watford winning to completely dilute their freak result win and essentially make it count for nothing. The better side is the one who's top after 46 games right? That's what their fans been saying on here all season! :lol:

Freak result? :facepalm:

Win or lose on Monday, the bragging rights are with us for a very, very longtime now. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. To think otherwise just shows you're in denial.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

Win or lose on Monday, the bragging rights are with us for a very, very longtime now. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. To think otherwise just shows you're in denial.

If you lose why will you have bragging rights, you have achieved no more than us other than a nice day out. If you win then that's another story.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
arrogant and complacent? i dont recall much if any discussion of players in, other than where do we need to improve. hardly arrogant to suggest you need to bring in a half dozen players to surive the step up.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

If you win, your going to have them for ages and NO Brighton fan can argue with that.

If you lose, then you only keep the rights until we next play, though we did finish above you after 46 games and according to some of your own fans, that's all that matters.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
If you lose why will you have bragging rights, you have achieved no more than us other than a nice day out. If you win then that's another story.

1. We stopped you going up. End of.
2. It happened in your own backyard, live on Sky including wild celebrations on your own turf at the end.
3. A lot of you had given it the biggun pre-match on how you were already at Wembley.
4. The fallout since looks to have cost you your manager, if you'd won I'm sure the garden would still be rosy.
5. Zaha got both goals despite constant threads about him being shit. Anyone think he's still a shit Bas Savage now?
6. We get a day out at Wembley, even if we lose it's still a great day out and memory. We should also make around a million from the final.

If you win, your going to have them for ages and NO Brighton fan can argue with that.

If you lose, then you only keep the rights until we next play, though we did finish above you after 46 games and according to some of your own fans, that's all that matters.

Disagree, and let's face it I'm probably more anti Palace than most on here.

The way I see it is, if they don't go up, they beat us in what was the most important game this club has had in 34 years (barring Hereford) they beat us at theirs and they beat us AGAIN at ours. Until such a time when we either stop them being promoted, relegate them or beat them in a Cup semi they have the rights.

We could beat them home and away for years and it still wouldn't expunge the memory of last Monday.

Edit: In my opinion and mine alone of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here