Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe Standing

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Can't search for it on here but...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-to-push-for-safestanding-trials-8626274.html

21 of 22 championship club votes in February went in favour of the safe standing movement.

We voted for it but the club are against it happening at the AMEX.

Football League won't support a change in the law at the moment.

Hillsborough and "hooliganism" are STILL being used in the "no" argument. :facepalm:

New Chairman of FA is supportive of safe standing. :clap2:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I also don't see why it shouldn't happen. What does NSC think?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can't search for it on here but...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-to-push-for-safestanding-trials-8626274.html

21 of 22 championship club votes in February went in favour of the safe standing movement.

We voted for it but the club are against it happening at the AMEX.

Football League won't support a change in the law at the moment.

Hillsborough and "hooliganism" are STILL being used in the "no" argument. :facepalm:

New Chairman of FA is supportive of safe standing. :clap2:

When you say cant search for it on here..what do you mean....i put 'safe standing' in on search and last post on the subject was yesterday at 4.08pm.....all about safe standing lol

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It would be great to get the terraces back, the freedom to move away from the moaning git behind you not being the least of the benefits.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
21 of 22?

Presumably the other two abstained for some reason?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
When you say cant search for it on here..what do you mean....i put 'safe standing' in on search and last post on the subject was yesterday at 4.08pm.....all about safe standing lol

It wasn't working for me at the time. I couldn't see it so I posted. :)

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I can't see why anyone would object. Nobody would force anyone to stand, it's simply giving fans a different option. This is what politically correct people would love to call "inclusion".

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
But can we trust English fans to behave properly? Culturally are we actually able to stand without taking liberties with other fans? Can we? Or will the mindless mentality of the crowd seep back in.

In Europe they appear to be able to do this (or at least they are left to their own devices and the crowd self controls), but in England would we be able to do that? Or would we have too many tanked up prats prepared to lead us back to the dark days.

Even with safe standing places (I.e. where you are instructed where you can stand - a place without a seat) would we have too many prepared to break the rules?

Really, deep down have we culturally changed, or is it all still lurking there?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But can we trust English fans to behave properly? Culturally are we actually able to stand without taking liberties with other fans? Can we? Or will the mindless mentality of the crowd seep back in.

In Europe they appear to be able to do this (or at least they are left to their own devices and the crowd self controls), but in England would we be able to do that? Or would we have too many tanked up prats prepared to lead us back to the dark days.

Even with safe standing places (I.e. where you are instructed where you can stand - a place without a seat) would we have too many prepared to break the rules?

You have a point.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Not entirely correct as I thought I read in Germany that football related violence has been on the increase!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I notice from ATC the Argus did an article on this and the Clubs position.

For anybody that has read that article, anything to report?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I notice from ATC the Argus did an article on this and the Clubs position.

For anybody that has read that article, anything to report?

Not really. They said they backed the motion, as they didn't see any reason not to. But they were still set against it at The Amex. Don't worry... it'll come (when Sky decide they want something to jazz up football coverage with) and it'll be so successful that Tony will be happy to invest in a superb all standing North.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here