Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the next manager live in Brighton?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I think he/she should be forced to live in the home dressing room at Falmer :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No what i would call decent property in the area,location yes,price yes,nice inside yes,but expansive,private,totally,exclusive and out of this world? perhaps not,hence why most have never lived in Brighton.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
As long as it's within a couple of hours drive, I don't really see the problem where someone chooses to live. Does it effect someone's ability to do the job then???

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He could come and stay at mine and sleep in my boy's room. It's bunk beds too so he can go top or bottom. They stay over every other weekend and occasionally during the week so he'll have to find alternative accommodation on those nights. Shall we say £75 a week and he buys his own food?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
In the perfect World, the Manager and the Players would live local, but in reality its unlikely to happen. Especially if they were based within a reasonable commute to Brighton at their last club. Its probably not as critical as years ago, when transport links weren't as quick. In a profession that can be transient, those with Families don't want to always uproot them from an area where they are settled.

What Brighton Managers in in the past have actually lived in Brighton? As I remember, only Wilkins & McGee lived in Brighton. Adams lived in Burgess Hill & Lloyd in the Worthing area, so we can cut them some slack on the 'local' factor. As for others? Gus & Taylor both Kent. Mullery & Coppell both Surrey. Horton was in Manchester! Gritt was up the road from Gus in Chislehurst. Slade? No idea.

There's plenty of Managers who long distance commute. That makes is hard for any Manager to insist on players living close to the clubs area when they are miles out the area.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm sure someone must remember but isn't there a house in Hove with a plaque built into the wall commemorating an old manager? I think his daughter, now elderly lives there.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What Brighton Managers in in the past have actually lived in Brighton? As I remember, only Wilkins & McGee lived in Brighton. Adams lived in Burgess Hill & Lloyd in the Worthing area, so we can cut them some slack on the 'local' factor. As for others? Gus & Taylor both Kent. Mullery & Coppell both Surrey. Horton was in Manchester! Gritt was up the road from Gus in Chislehurst. Slade? No idea.

I'm sure Russell Slade lived in Bolney, near Haywards Heath.

D

Deleted User X18H

Wilkins lived in Hove whilst managing the Albion. Wherever he lives Mr Poyet always manages to be in the press room well before 9am on a Thursday or whenever.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here