Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is there a way back for Gus?

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
It still seems bizarre that he is giving up on his 'project' so easily. Also I am not so sure that he is a shoe-in for all these other vacancies...his recent behaviour may well have put other clubs off...or is his relationship with Barber/Bloom already beyond repair?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think you will find it's the club's project. Judging by Poyet offering himself up for other jobs, I would say he gave up on the CLUB'S project a long time ago.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
more chance of winning the rollover Euro Millions than Gus reviving his Albion career - Bridges well and truly burnt!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If as suggested his house is up for sale I would suggest that his boat has floated away. For him I would suggest the best option if it does happen as rumpoured Pardew get the sack and him go to Newcastle, a large club with good support potential and stadium etc.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Burnt his bridges now. It's time for a change now even if he has been fantastic for the past few seasons. The 'management' are obviously moving on by clearing out DSP and planning for the new season. And, also working on damage limitation for the name of the club. By the time Autumn comes it will all be nearly forgotten and we will all be cheering our new leader and team.
:albion2:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I get the impression he didn't really want to go, but he was just pushing for a better budget in the wrong way.

Suffice to say that the powers at be are using this wrong way as an excuse to force him out of the club.

Perhaps there is only room for one ego, and Barber has top trumps.

The funny thing is, I have not seen Barber touting himself in the media for other jobs, it is as though Barber is happy to stay and do what Bloom wants him to do. I don't think the same applies for Gus.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is no way back, this has been building up for a while now since his ill judged comments about Suarez and then prostituting himself to every Premiership Manager vacancy.

The only way back is if he is a manager of another club

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The funny thing is, I have not seen Barber touting himself in the media for other jobs, it is as though Barber is happy to stay and do what Bloom wants him to do. I don't think the same applies for Gus.

How many times has Barber been asked by journalists whether he'd be interested in furthering his career in a much bigger and more prestigious job?

I cannot believe that people STILL don't understand how the press work. It really is very simple. But not simple enough for a lot of football fans, clearly.

But no, there is no way back for Poyet now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No way back. He needs to find some other club to relaunch Project Poyet.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Whatever has occurred within the past week,

I reckon it is most unlikely that there is any way back, this, given previous reporting concerning that, amongst others, he has expressed particular interest in Chelsea (ongoing), Premiership generally, Reading, Leeds Utd. The fact is he simply no longer wishes to be here.

So he can Push Off and, despite what he has achieved, we should be looking for a manager who wants to be at a fantastic club with a terrific fan base, with the most supportive Chairman imaginable, a wonderful stadium and an amazing training ground on line (with the obvious Academy potential) I could go on !

Well it is only my opinion.

scooter1

How soon is now?
No way back, which is a shame really as he was onto a good thing here. He's potentially tried the same bluff on Bloom as Forster tried on him - is as much as, go public in order to force an issue.
I wouldn't be surprised if chairman now look at him and think "troublemaker". He won't be satisfied until he's manager at Real or Barca or Chelsea, and therefore every job is just a stepping stone, until such time as he fancies a change

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I get the impression he didn't really want to go, but he was just pushing for a better budget in the wrong way.

Suffice to say that the powers at be are using this wrong way as an excuse to force him out of the club.

Perhaps there is only room for one ego, and Barber has top trumps.

funny i get the exact opposite feeling that he was looking to leave. Want a better budget, talk to the chairman, not SSN or bbc sport.

not way back and I dont believe the club want him back

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1456749/brighton-boss-gus-poyet-keen-talk-stoke-vacancy?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5739

Not if this is to be believed

A source close to Poyet said: "He would like a conclusion to the situation at Brighton so that both he and the club can move forward and make plans for the future.

"At the moment there has been no official approach from Stoke City regarding their vacancy. They would have to go direct to Brighton and then it is a question of whether Brighton, given the current situation, will grant permission for Gus to talk to them."

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Whatever has occurred within the past week,

I reckon it is most unlikely that there is any way back, this, given previous reporting concerning that, amongst others, he has expressed particular interest in Chelsea (ongoing), Premiership generally, Reading, Leeds Utd. The fact is he simply no longer wishes to be here.

So he can Push Off and, despite what he has achieved, we should be looking for a manager who wants to be at a fantastic club with a terrific fan base, with the most supportive Chairman imaginable, a wonderful stadium and an amazing training ground on line (with the obvious Academy potential) I could go on !

Well it is only my opinion.

It might only be yours, but it's also mine too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here