Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you use NSC as your main hub for information or news....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
During this whole on going debacle after last mondays result and the fallout that has ensued I have come to the realisation that I use NSC as my main source of news regarding the ongoing problems, as NSC seems to offer or break news faster than the Argus or other avenues of news.

If anything major happens in the world there seems to be a thread about it with some amazing information and sometimes outrageous opinions which even if you dont agree with make you either just think am I the only sane person alive or an opinion that opens your eyes to an alternative point of view. You get people that blow up and just have a major hissy fit, people that tell a story that just makes you cry with laughter.

So do you use NSC as your main source of news ?

Did you hear of a major world event like 07/07 on here first ?

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
No. That would be ridiculous.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
I always go to NSC for breaking news. it is usually on the ball with more facts than the usual channels.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I found out about the Boston marathon bombings through nsc. I check nsc more then any news websites or channels so I tend to see a lot of things on here first.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Sadly yes, NSC is where I have first heard of most major news stories of the past year

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
NSC is the only place for breaking news and to see who Bushy has offered out.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bit sad really I posted this thread and then saw the horrible news from today on a thread here on NSC which has now it appears deleted due to people venting there anger and frustration and well maybe going to far as I stopped reading at page 12.

Just a sad day.

R.I.P young Soldier

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Yes because teletext is crap now and takes too long after the big switchover. Mobile phone if I'm at work or elsewhere but I haven't been out since Saturday apart from the doctors because of my bloody tonsils.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
For a long time now I have used NSC for my main source of news for just about everything! I used to use BBC and Yahoo but then I realised that on just about everything worldwide that's worth talking about the good folk of NSC are normally the first with it! and as most post links to many subjects it does everything I need, news wise!

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
For a long time now I have used NSC for my main source of news for just about everything! I used to use BBC and Yahoo but then I realised that on just about everything worldwide that's worth talking about the good folk of NSC are normally the first with it! and as most post links to many subjects it does everything I need, news wise!
Same here. Where's the Woolwich thread disappeared?

You mods are doing a fine job at the moment though (not meant arslikin).

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Everything seems to break on here a few moments before the main news websites. Boston, today and a few smaller bits and pieces.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
No. That would be ridiculous.

The OP is, of course, ridiculous. Only...

... I often find out about things on here first, then go off to the Argus or BBC to see what it's all about. No offence like, but you guys spout alot of shite. Also, loving the comment about for everything other than football.

Today, I learned of a beheading in London, and also Microsoft had launched the XBox One. Thinking back recently, NSC told me that a man was shot in Hove, there were some winds in Oklahoma and a woman was pulled from the rubble in Bangladesh after 15 days

Mind you, I also learned that Kazenga had made a twit of hiimself, the Ricoh was on fire and Fergie's last chewing gum sold for a lot of money (which I don't believe by the way).

Oh My God, I use NSC as a news feed.

I think it might be worse this week than about three weeks ago. But its been quite a ride. Last night I was on the site at 03.07am. I live in Europe and had a wee. There were only 76 people viewing. Just now there were 1002. Last week I swear it was north of 2000, but Bozza will be able to say otherwise. They're looking at something!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here