Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whisky

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Highland, Speyside or Islay?

Mostly Islay for me, I love the peaty ones, Lagavulin is a particular favourite.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Agree with you on Islay. Laphroaig is my favourite with Lagavulin deserving an honourable mention.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Always Islay
Bruichladdich my favourite, but Bowmore and Caol Ila are close seconds. And don't forget Jura which counts as an Islay malt even though it's a different Island

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Always Islay
Bruichladdich my favourite, but Bowmore and Caol Ila are close seconds. And don't forget Jura which counts as an Islay malt even though it's a different Island

Very fond of Jura.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
My all time favourite is probably The Macallan,but for pre dinner a Lowland malt goes down well.......something like Glenkinchie.
Actually,I like all malt whisky!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Always Islay

Bowmore's a beauty, very smoky, but I have a penchant for Glen Ord and Highland Park too, and I do like some of the Speysiders. Neat or with just a dash of water. Blended stuff is for the mixers, in which case I'd go for Bell's and dry Ginger Ale. Mind you, my favourite tipple in my young days was a glass of Stone's.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
No 'e'? Are you sure it's whiskey?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Always Islay

I have to call you on that, Jura is most definitely not an Islay whiskey. Ok, it's the next door island, but it is not classed in any way as an Islay.

My all time favourite is Caol Ila, but there isn't an Islay malt that is not excellent. Elsewhere I do like Glen Moray, Springbank, Tomintoul and several others. it should be noted that over the years whiskeys change in flavour due to barley malt, climate, even the barrels they are aged in, so if you tried one many years ago, and didn't like it, you might find you feel differently about it now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here