Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much for Dobbie?

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
The fee for Dobbie was undisclosed, although I've heard £300,000 mentioned. How much will we get from Palace for him, aside from freeing up the significant wages he commanded?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
I thought he was on a free transfer - in which case anything above our signing on fee would be OK by me.

Depends on arrangements with Palace on loan deal which may have been you buy and not an option to buy.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I believe it was £350,000, and it's a done deal regardless.

He couldn't transfer to Palace in January as you cant transfer between 3 clubs in one season.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yeah, we're basically getting out money back for Dobbie that Gus wasted on him.

What, the manager who is nigh on irreplaceable, wasted money on a player. I don't believe it! ( Must have been his only mistake in three and a half years )

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What, the manager who is nigh on irreplaceable, wasted money on a player. I don't believe it! ( Must have been his only mistake in three and a half years )
We're getting the money back, so it's not really wasted is it. Anyway, who have you got lined up to replace Gus and take us to the Premier League?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
With a new manager coming in (allegedly), and Ulloa now established, can't help that feel Dobbie would be worth another try next year. If Palace did go up, pretty sure any done deal wouldn't be too difficult to undo if both clubs wanted to.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
With a new manager coming in (allegedly), and Ulloa now established, can't help that feel Dobbie would be worth another try next year. If Palace did go up, pretty sure any done deal wouldn't be too difficult to undo if both clubs wanted to.

Why on earth would you want him back, many Palace fans are saying the same as ours did, lazy and not interested. He should be a nice bench warmer for them next season no matter what division they are in.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Why on earth would you want him back, many Palace fans are saying the same as ours did, lazy and not interested. He should be a nice bench warmer for them next season no matter what division they are in.

Dobbie dragged Palace into the playoffs almost single-handedly. He either scored or assisted pretty much every goal we scored in the last few weeks of the season. I think you'll find that Palace opinions of Dobbie are overwhelmingly positive at the moment, we're gutted we can't have him for the playoff final :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here