Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenny Jackett

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Suddenly appearing in the odds as 6-8th favourite. Very random.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Shit. :nono:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Steady and reliable but not for me. Someone like jackett or ferguson says to me that maybe we have a reduced budget and we are looking at managers who have a record of dealing with these type of restrictions.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe he will take us down like he nearly managed with Millwall. Only a fool would give him the job

Very unfair appraisal of his efforts at Millwall, that. He actually had them in the play off positions, which is impressive with the squad he had. Then in the transfer window he lost Chris Wood to Leicester and Darius Henderson to Forest, and their season nose-dived from there.

His team looked excellent at the Amex. Attacked with pace and strength, but with plenty of slick interplay too. He is also the man who put Swansea on the path to where they are now. I wouldn't be against Jackett at all. One of the better candidates.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Worth remembering that Kenny Jackett laid the foundations for Swansea's rise through the divisions a few years ago before Martinez and Rodgers later took up the baton.

He seems to work best at slightly unfashionable clubs and with limited resources which perhaps suggests he isn't quite the type of manager Brighton would be going for in their current predicament. Nonetheless, he is a very decent, level-headed manager.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not sure if this will be a consideration, but I'm pretty sure that (much like Gus) Jackett is NOT a free agent. He was allowed to leave under contract by Millwall, but they are still entitled to compensation if he takes up a new job.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Very unfair appraisal of his efforts at Millwall, that. He actually had them in the play off positions, which is impressive with the squad he had. Then in the transfer window he lost Chris Wood to Leicester and Darius Henderson to Forest, and their season nose-dived from there.

His team looked excellent at the Amex. Attacked with pace and strength, but with plenty of slick interplay too. He is also the man who put Swansea on the path to where they are now. I wouldn't be against Jackett at all. One of the better candidates.

Good post, agree with all that.

GAZTASTIC

Sep 17, 2010
HOVE - JUST
Heard this rumour this morning and have been trying to find the odds on him. Given what the club are going through I think this has a better than even chance of happening. Not someone at the top end of most my wishlist but a man who handles himself with dignity and who can work on a small budget, which is probably quite attractive to those in power at the moment.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
That isn't how it looked when Jackett's side outplayed Gus' at the Amex.

Agree that his record is okay but if we are go continue the progress the club is making, attract the quality players we have been and keep 22000 odd season ticket holders happy I am not sure this is the name to do it. And yes they may have been better than us that night, but we got a draw, beat them at the den and finished many places above them. If it is him then the budget worries may be true.

D

Deleted member 22389

Heard this rumour this morning and have been trying to find the odds on him. Given what the club are going through I think this has a better than even chance of happening. Not someone at the top end of most my wishlist but a man who handles himself with dignity and who can work on a small budget, which is probably quite attractive to those in power at the moment.

Agreed. Not on the top of my list either, but I look what he did at Millwall.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
He would do the business if you like watching hoooooffffff!!!! Football!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He would do the business if you like watching hoooooffffff!!!! Football!

What on earth do you base that on ? Millwall played some excellent stuff at the Amex, and he always sets his teams up to play good football. Jackett is not a hoof-merchant at all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My only concern with Jackett is that he is unlikely to have the contacts to bring in the players we need. Gus brought in Kusczak, Bridge and Upson, which probably comes with a favourable media slant and a career at some of the country's biggest clubs. Jackett just wouldn't have the same reach.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I mentioned him early on, thinking he'd be a good option as someone that would build a club. Wasn't entirely sure about his style at that point (more swayed by the fact that Millwall were flying last season when they still had some strikers and, despite their abysmal form after Xmas, he did get them to the FA Cup semi-final).

Now, I quite fancy the idea having chatted the other night with a Millwall-supporting mate who's one of the more considered type of fans. He had nothing but praise for the bloke and reckons he'd do well. Would possibly appeal to the board too for being the polar opposite of Gus - dignified, just gets on with the job. I can see why some fans wouldn't be excited by the prospect but I reckon he's in the Sean O'Driscoll mould. There's more to football management than being the media's darling.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Just maybe this is significant. Darren Ferguson is very prominent in the betting also and his side gave two good accounts of themselves against us on a proper shoestring budget, not a Gus type shoestring.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here