Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet a strong candidate for Stoke

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Would love to watch the first training session under Gus.

This is a football, see how it moves along the grass. It is happy there, it likes it there, that's it's home. Now pass the ball, and keep passing it until I tell you to stop.

This is a football, see how it moves along the grass. It is happy there, it likes it there, that's it's home. Now pass the ball, and keep passing it until I tell you to stop.

And eef you no like eet I go home.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

And there will be no clapping or crapping

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
posted on another thread on here last week that I had heard Pulis was a goner and Gus was top of their list. The suspension -as I heard it - is because he had already touched up Bridcutt, Buckley, and David to go with him.

Time will tell
Not sure buckley or spanish dave are premiership quality. Buckley on his day, but inconsistant. But what do I know

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

It sounds like you watch training a lot?

Clearly he just says to stop passing at the end of the sessions, and does nothing on dribling or shooting! :ohmy:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not sure buckley or spanish dave are premiership quality. Buckley on his day, but inconsistant. But what do I know
Wouldn't be surprised. He will need some players to teach them how to pass the ball. Good thing they have a high net spend as to implement the football he will want he will need to sell and spend like mad. Can see them under Gus playing pretty football in the end. May just be at the cost of survival though.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Let's face it anyone is a strong candidate at Stoke as they 'allegedly' want to change their style and philosophy (which only rules out 'Big Sam' ). Everyone else who is an out of work Football Manager would be therefore viewed as a strong candidate - Gus, RDM, Rafa, MON, etc etc Chairman Peter Coates has said he wants to invest more in their Academy and bring through younger, better players and mix them with some foreign talent - they have some on the 'fringe' like Cuvelier (a Belgian they loaned out to Walsall and Peterborough) but Pulis never plays 'kiddies' (and I think his cut off for that is anyone under 24 yrs old). Coates has the money to change the team as he and his daughter own BET365 so it would interest a few as a project to work with an established Club who now have the training ground and facilities to 'push on' next season.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Coates has the money to change the team as he and his daughter own BET365 so it would interest a few as a project to work with an established Club who now have the training ground and facilities to 'push on' next season.

Oh that's why that site has a picture of Peter Crouch on the homepage... I always wondered out of all the footballers why that div

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Let's face it anyone is a strong candidate at Stoke as they 'allegedly' want to change their style and philosophy (which only rules out 'Big Sam' ). Everyone else who is an out of work Football Manager would be therefore viewed as a strong candidate - Gus, RDM, Rafa, MON, etc etc Chairman Peter Coates has said he wants to invest more in their Academy and bring through younger, better players and mix them with some foreign talent - they have some on the 'fringe' like Cuvelier (a Belgian they loaned out to Walsall and Peterborough) but Pulis never plays 'kiddies' (and I think his cut off for that is anyone under 24 yrs old). Coates has the money to change the team as he and his daughter own BET365 so it would interest a few as a project to work with an established Club who now have the training ground and facilities to 'push on' next season.

If they want to bring kids through then Gus will be a disaster for them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here