Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T: Are the Average Speed Cameras Still Working on Handcross Hill?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well they are still there as I have just been through it and guess that they are still working, sign said 150 speeding offences last week...
I have only ever seen that number being a multiple of 5!

I am waiting for 137 or 183

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well they are still there as I have just been through it and guess that they are still working, sign said 150 speeding offences last week...

Really, there are still that many utter cretins on our roads who can't work out what average speed cameras do? I see them, they speed up to a camera, slow down as they get to it, then speed off again, how can you be that stupid, they deserve anything they get.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I have only ever seen that number being a multiple of 5!

I am waiting for 137 or 183

It was 154 for the last couple of weeks, I think it is 114 at the moment.

Good to know that, but the more useful piece of information would be "road layout has changed" when they change it, rather than suddenly realising that we will now be driving on the northbound carriageway. Or telling the people going southbound that traffic will appear that it is coming towards them and not to freak out and slam their foot on the brake.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Got caught behind a wide load going up Handcross Hill a couple of weeks ago. It pulled over at the top and everyone absolutely floored it from then on. Don't think anyone was doing less than 80 by the end of the restrictions. Their average speeds would have been about 12mph. Daft.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I've heard from a friend who drives to Crawley every day that there's talk of only one side working. Helpfully, I cannot remember which side.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The next disruption will be the Handcross junction:
- NB off slip road closed Jul-Feb
- NB on slip road closed Nov-Feb
- SB on slip road closed Feb-Jul

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here