Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The next Premier League casualty - a good fit for a departing manager?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
cue
Pardew to Brighton thread

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
So vacancies at Stoke, Everton and Newcastle. Likely that Gus will be wanted at one? Do a deal, we can get our new man and we can all move on.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Poyet to Newcastle thread more likely.

Are we allowed to speculate on that? If everything was rosy right now and Pardew leaves then we would definitely be speculating that it would be a possibility, and odds would be quoted?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So vacancies at Stoke, Everton and Newcastle. Likely that Gus will be wanted at one? Do a deal, we can get our new man and we can all move on.

this maybe, should be, could be the good news we keep hearing about

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Oh God, not Pardew. Please.

Fired from Southampton when they were in League One for allegedly shagging a girlfriend of one of his players. Nice.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
this maybe, should be, could be the good news we keep hearing about

Will be a real shame, I don't want my post to sound anti Poyet as I have always been a fan. It seems like this might be the best and easiest way to bring an end to the situation however

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Will be a real shame, I don't want my post to sound anti Poyet as I have always been a fan. It seems like this might be the best and easiest way to bring an end to the situation however

good news for us and maybe him too

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I'm gonna stick my kneck out and say Gus will take this (if available) or the Stoke job. Both good fits for him.

Pardew will be added to the list after our job. I'm beginning to think the growing number of Prem clubs without managers is only going to DECREASE our chances of getting the top managers on our list. The likes of Di Matteo.

The ones exiting (Pullis, Pardew, potentially Redknapp) are not likely to be anywhere near the top of anyone's list to be our manager so they don't add much to our options.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
i quite like pardew... hopefully we wont then get an influx of French players tho, prefer Spanish speaking

You might find your self in the minority

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Pardew can do one. Rather have Tony Pulis. But I suspect that possibly and in my own opinion this thread is more to do with the identity of whoever replaces him IF he leaves the job at Newcastle which he recently signed an 8 year contract on, making a change speculative and possibly unlikely. Allegedly. And in my own opinion.

*stares at lawyer*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here