Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new xbox has just been revealed...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think it looks fantastic. Had an eye on the IGN live stream as it was announced and as a media centre and games console it looks absolutely phenomenal.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
r7dxDNu.png

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I think it looks fantastic. Had an eye on the IGN live stream as it was announced and as a media centre and games console it looks absolutely phenomenal.

Indeed. I'll definitely be buying one a year or two after its release ;)

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
waiting on the ps4 announcement. xbox one had some good features as an interactive tv, but not sold on the games

EA were their usual awful selves and posted a video of their next gen games using CGI. they did this with madden 06 on 'next-gen' see the similarities

pretty embarrassing

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Indeed. I'll definitely be buying one a year or two after its release ;)

Haha! Very sensible. I'm on my 5th Xbox 360. His the tale if anyone is remotely interested:

#1 3 Red rings - I was confused. "What is this?" I ask myself... After checking the internet I realise that my Xbox is irredeemably broken and with it, my heart. Luckily, Microsoft are oddly prepared and supportive and quickly send me a free one in exchange for my old one;
#2 3 Red rings - I am unhappy but, bouyed by the excellent service on the previous breakage, I call Microsoft again and it's much more hostile on their part but eventually I get them to replace it;
#3 3 Red rings - RAGE. I'm calm up until this point but I see the warning signs coming: games run a bit slower, the console runs louder, games crash and then it unexpectedly turns off. I press the power button... Nothing. Hmm... "Maybe it needs cooling down!" I think. At this point I'm shaking... I press the power button again. Three. Red. Rings. I let out a primal roar of unrelenting rage and smash my controller against the wall (the dent is still there I believe - the controller, alas didn't make it). I'm an absolute horror to live with for days and my call to Microsoft is colourful to say the least. The warranty is gone and with it my patience... Well kinda. I need to complete GTA IV. So...
#4 Luckily a massive price drop coincided with ma new job and a raise to I treat mymself to one last stab. And it worked like a treat. I kept it for 4 years until the Xbox slim came out and I traded it in for
#5 Utterly redeemed after hours of tender care and counselling.

I think I'll wait a while before purchasing the new one. Just in case...

Mr-N

Mar 31, 2012
With all these add ons and the like I can see this being more expensive than usual.

May wait till after the Xmas rush.

Hope they still produce for the current console for a year or so though.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I think it looks pretty good! May wait and see other offerings though, and also interested RE price as well.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I'm glad it looks more like a TiVo or DVD player than something that belongs in a teenage boys bedroom.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Also hoping a BT Sport app will be released for it so I can watch some of the live footie.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Well, the spec for the Xbox One looks immense.....BUT....not being able to buy pre owned games is a bit of a piss take to be honest. I'm not a rich man, and I don't like to dump large amounts of money on games, plus I've picked up games that I wouldn't ordinarily buy because they're cheaper. The only games I ever buy brand new are FIFA, or specific ones which I've been waiting for for ages (eg, LA Noire, and Watchdogs when it comes out) Either the price of games comes down (yeah right) or I might have to rethink this whole "gaming" malarkey

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Well, the spec for the Xbox One looks immense.....BUT....not being able to buy pre owned games is a bit of a piss take to be honest. I'm not a rich man, and I don't like to dump large amounts of money on games, plus I've picked up games that I wouldn't ordinarily buy because they're cheaper. The only games I ever buy brand new are FIFA, or specific ones which I've been waiting for for ages (eg, LA Noire, and Watchdogs when it comes out) Either the price of games comes down (yeah right) or I might have to rethink this whole "gaming" malarkey

If that is true they won't get many bought by me

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Microsoft need to have worked very hard on reliability, they got away with the RROD issues amongst gamers because they have a pretty high tolerance but I can imagine some serious backlash if people buy one of these things and then cant watch TV for weeks at a time if it breaks after 6 months.

The RRoD cost a fortune in support costs. It wont happen again.

Used games will be possible, more details will be released on specifics of how ownership will move from person to person as its no longer just transferring the media, because rights have to transfer too as all games will run from hard drive or be downloadable from the cloud.

Keep eyes peeled for announcements of tv partners. MS is globally working on this and already has good relations on the xbox front with sky, bbc, ch4 etc...

Much more to come at E3 where much more game content will be showcased. Looking forward to the xbox exclusive fifa ultimate team already. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here