Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Development Squad Cull

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Bit surprised about Kasim and Oatway. They look like decent prospects.

I wonder if Anton Rodgers' release is down to giving him a fresh start - no matter what the result of certain proceedings.

Roland Bergkamp, meanwhile, is a missed opportunity for a proper flair player in the stripes. Sadly he was nothing like his uncle.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Strange that we're not letting the new manager decide on this :shrug:

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
A tiny percentage make it, shame but way of the world. Should look at lower leagues or coaching US style. I know a friend who is earning a packet coaching in Texas

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Strange that we're not letting the new manager decide on this :shrug:

Why? Luke Williams has done it in previous years and a lot of the players knew a while back anyway

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I always thought that Sampayo was a decent player. I guess they can only take on 3/4 every year and sometimes the better players wont make the cut. I have no doubt that they will get picked up elsewhere though.

Do you reckon that DS release day is like the American Football draft for clubs like Bognor, Lewes, Whitehawk, Eastbourne and they all fight each other to sign certain players?

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I wounded if this is part of a general clear out reduce the wages free up space and funds for the next manager

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I always thought that Sampayo was a decent player.

On the times that I have seen him I thought that he was very poor and couldnt understand why we entertained him as it was most obvious to me that he will never make a league player not even in Div 2 and probabky not in the conference. He is too wreak in the tackle and seems scared of getting involved in the game.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Your talking about young kids here, their wages would be negligible.

They will be replaced by others already at the club and a few brought in from elsewhere so no real savings anyway.

But it will not 'free up' anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here