Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Development Squad Players Released

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Surprised about Anton tbh. From reports and highlights I always thought he looked/ sounded like a good prospect. Apparently not.

Bruno

Jul 2, 2012
You wonder if non- football matters contributed to some of those being released and I am talking about Kasim and Bergkamp here, not just the obvious ones.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
From the games I saw Berkamp play he was average at best and Gus never wanted him here. I always liked Kasim, surprised to see him let go.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Sampayo and Kasim are the only standout surprises for me. Bergkamp would have made it already by now if he was going to, as would have Anton Rodgers. I think what's happening now has had a monumental impact on his career - it's a shame, but he's going to end up being one of these "I could have been a contender" sort of guys.

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
Thought Oatway seemed to be doing well from the reports I'd read.

How many does that leave in the development squad? Can we get a team out?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Kasim struggled in his loan spells at Conference clubs this season so it's no surprise that he's been released.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that Oatway looked the best prospect. Rogers good on the ball but too weak physically, Sampayoo wouldnt get into Burgess Hill side regularly. Not sure about Kasim and Bergkamp both could make conference. at the best

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Well done to Luke Williams for, you know, doing his job...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No shocks about Rodgers (Exeter on loan to get himself a deal), East (Smith is well thought of), Sampayo (his Twitter pretty much confirmed it a while back), Kasim (didn't do wonders while out on loan), or Bergkamp. Thought Theo Jones played a bit so that is the only real surprise I think

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thought Oatway seemed to be doing well from the reports I'd read.

How many does that leave in the development squad? Can we get a team out?

Assuming your namesake was also released (no mention in the article, but I'm sure we only gave him a short-term contract), the DS squad is now made up of:-

Toby Agdestein
Emil Asmundsson
George Barker
Bradley Barry
Brennan Dickenson
Jake Forster-Caskey
Shamir Goodwin
Rob Hunt
Rohan Ince
Vitalijs Maksimenko
Solly March
Glen Rea
Courtney Richards
Grant Smith (GK)
Christian Walton (GK)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good luck to the players who are being released , all should get offers from clubs at pro level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here