Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Daft Punk fans out there ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The helmeted french duo are one of my favourite groups. Discovery was excellent, Human after all, not so much so apart from the title track.

Anyone heard the new Album ? Is it any good ? The first one for 8 years and if " get lucky " is any sort of a benchmark it should be a treat.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I had no idea they had a new album out. Are you sure? I thought they'd split up years ago.

They have been number one in the singles charts for 3 weeks mate !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I liked the 'Around the World' video on MTV in the nineties. Didn't really follow them much after that, but have a couple of charity shop CD's of their's somewhere. I got REALLY hooked on The Dandy Warhols from the same era, due to their, 'Not If You Were The Last Junky On Earth' video, directed by photographer David LaChappelle...

'Heroin Is So Passe...'

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It could be anyone under those helmets though; are you sure it's them?

An interesting piece in the Observer, Sunday and a photo of their last unhelmeted picture from 1995. I think it is them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I liked the 'Around the World' video on MTV in the nineties. Didn't really follow them much after that, but have a couple of charity shop CD's of their's somewhere. I got REALLY hooked on The Dandy Warhols from the same era, due to their, 'Not If You Were The Last Junky On Earth' video, directed by photographer David LaChappelle...

'Heroin Is So Passe...'

Thanks for this.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

'Heroin Is So Passe...'

That video is completely mental ! Love it !

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Downloaded album yesterday, currently burning disc and syncing iphone, up to track 3 now, so far so good. Nothing up to the Get Lucky track as yet though!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
'One More Time' has my favourite long pause in any song. Love that bit. When it's done well it can, like this, sound sublime. When done to death you've got a Fatboy Slim album.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
I'm in love with it after a dew spins. Seriously recommend it. If you think about what you weren't expecting, then it's that.

My review of it will be here at some point this week.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

The helmeted french duo are one of my favourite groups. Discovery was excellent, Human after all, not so much so apart from the title track.

Anyone heard the new Album ? Is it any good ? The first one for 8 years and if " get lucky " is any sort of a benchmark it should be a treat.

Wisely choosing to ignore the Tron soundtrack then? I think it's excellent, just don't go into it expecting another Homework or Discovery, it's a different beast entirely.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wisely choosing to ignore the Tron soundtrack then? I think it's excellent, just don't go into it expecting another Homework or Discovery, it's a different beast entirely.

Thanks for the tip.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Liked 'Homework' a bit, 'Discovery' a lot, 'Human After All' not much. Really want to get the Tron soundtrack. Only thing new I've heard is the single which is pretty bad imo :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here