Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Stoke?

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Serious question - is THIS the job he is leaving us for?

Pullis' P45 is all but sitting in his desk.

Stoke are DESPERATE to ditch the 'Hoof it' brand of football they are notorious for.

Poyet likes to make his mark on a club.

Considering the above, I would say he could be turning up there in the near future... What are your thoughts?

Dec 29, 2011
Don't see why not. Plenty of funds behind them, plus all the point you make. I'm sure he'd take it and would be a top contender for the job. Good spot :thumbsup:

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
P.s. I posted this after hearing the Pullis rumours on Talk Sport. My next stop was the Argus where I see this is already being discussed.

Awaits 'fixtures' etc...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Stoke ditched the HOOFBALL style wouldn't they become perennial relegation favourites ?

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
The more I think about this, the more it makes sense. The fact that gus' Kent house is up for sale, which suggests he may be on his way up north. Also if it is true that this saga has been going on for longer than just the aftermath of palace, then Stoke could be seen as a viable option, since it seems that Stoke have known for a while that they were going to get rid of pulis (so may have made enquiries about/tapped up gus). Finally, slall the reports are saying that Stoke are getting rid of pulis to try and change their style, and again poyet is the most realistic option, as I doubt that the more prestigious managers who play good football (rafa, RDM) would touch stoke with a barge pole.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
This makes sense tbh. Bridders up there like a shot too, I should imagine. Ho hum...

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
he is welcome to them.......sh1thole of a town, and we probably have a better infrastructure and could be a bigger club.

hope he goes there, gets cold, eats out at tacky restaurants, and gets relegated and sacked.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
If Stoke ditched the HOOFBALL style wouldn't they become perennial relegation favourites ?

Have said before my friends son plays in the development squad for Stoke, they get into serious trouble for any Hoofball stuff,
They are looking to change their style of football, I can see Gus would be attraction to them.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Yep, Poyet has just been seen leaving the Britannia stadium. Done Deal

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting one, if he gors there and gets them playing his style and staying up whilst doing it he'll be a step closer to one of his dream jobs.

Wonder how long it would be before he let the Stoke fans know he's only passing through

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Wonder how long it would be before he let the Stoke fans know he's only passing through

I can certainly see that happening. The first year would be the most dangerous for Gus, as it would take time to turn the hoofball tanker around and they woud be vulnerable during that period. With some funds and a supportive board he could do well there. Good luck to him if it happens.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here