Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Audley Harrison retirement U-turn

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The Big Man is back!

I, for one, am glad although he's clearly potty.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Odds for the next fight

Harrision 50-1
Wet Paper Bag 1-100

Ainsley Harriot would put up a better fight

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Olympic gold medalist, British and European champion? Mandatory world title challenger, hardly a loser is he? Just not quite good enough at world level. Don't think he gets enough credit

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Olympic gold medalist, British and European champion? Mandatory world title challenger, hardly a loser is he? Just not quite good enough at world level. Don't think he gets enough credit

EXACTLY, robbed against Haye and Price

Recently retired Olympic Gold Medalist Audley Harrison has announced his return to the ring immediately. Having announced his retirement on May 1st following his TKO loss to rising star Deontay Wilder, Audley has rescinded his decision and will return to the ring. Audley and his wife Raychel recently added a baby boy the family, with the birth of Hudson Hugh Harrison on Thursday. Seeing his son born helped to finalize his decision.

‘Firstly, I’m grateful to God for this blessing with the birth of Hudson, a healthy and beautiful little angel. Raychel my wife is a trooper, as childbirth is no joke’.

‘When I made the tough decision to walk away from boxing, I knew it was not going to be easy. As the days past, I knew I would not be able to live with the decision. I wrestled with it for a few weeks, and spoke to everyone from the Boxing Board, to Lennox Lewis, David Haye, my dad, wife and many others…ultimately seeing my son born crystallized my decision’.

‘There is no way I am going to tell my son, ‘I gave up because I didn’t want to climb the mountain again, I didn’t want to dust myself off again, when I’m now in the best shape of my career, doing things I haven’t done for years, and back in love with the sport…how can I retire, when I know I have another shot in me’.

‘If I don’t get up and try again, everything I’ve stood for would mean nothing …’NEGU’, ‘setbacks pave the way for comebacks’, etc, etc, I believe it, so I have to live it, and go again’.

‘We all saw how the fight ended, which was not right. I can’t walk away with that performance. If I do, it would haunt me until I’m old and grey’. I got up, they should have let him come to finish me, and let me show what I got’.

‘People who worry I may get hurt, I thank you for your concerns. We live in a free society and my desire for freedom and autonomy is my universal right’.

‘Don’t know where, but see you in a ring real soon’.

A FORCE

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He did provide one unique moment that I've never seen before or since in all my years as a boxing fan....sadly for him it involved him leaving the ring after David Haye battered him to a deafening chorus of "You're Shit And You Know You Are"

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
This week just gets worse!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here