Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs v Brighton 1977/78 great away kit

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Certainly was. Here it is in all its glory....

sayer_away1.jpg

A red version of this kit also existed at the time.

Oct 16, 2008
... It was indeed great.

A little while after, my dad was given a set (possibly not the one of the vid though) of the shirts via a contact at the club, and we used to wear it for tournaments in the summer or when there was a clash of colours with our normal kit!

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I can still remember to this day the shear terror of trying getting away from white hart lane after that match.

One of the scariest days of my life.

Every time I hear Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty on the radio it reminds of that day :eek: Big hit at the time

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Oh thats not as good, if it had white collars and the white trim on the sleeves yeah its a classic that just looks like a goalkeepers jersey.

To be fair, it is a goalies shirt, but the only one I could find just now.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Oh thats not as good, if it had white collars and the white trim on the sleeves yeah its a classic that just looks like a goalkeepers jersey.

The red one for outfield players had white Buks running down the sleeves and red collar and cuffs. Badge was blue and white.

Sadly, I don't have a colour pic of it. Saw it on sale on a website but sadly didn't think to get a photo of it. D'oh!

Maybe someone could contact the Classic Football Shirts site to get a copy of the photo...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Exactly what I thought. Horrible. Lose the red socks and we can talk again.

I know what you mean, however if you lose the red socks and replace them with white or blue you still look like any number of teams, its not like we have a unique kit anyway.

It was more the blue shirt I loved in short sleeve, pure class.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I can still remember to this day the shear terror of trying getting away from white hart lane after that match.

Every time I hear Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty on the radio it reminds of that day :eek: Big hit at the time

There was a serious crush on our terrace after the match. I was pinned against a barrier for a while and was mighty relieved to get away unhurt.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

very dodgey,especially with the old man in tow

48k that day,must be one of the highest league attendances with played in

guessing we've had more at old trafford,don't know about anfield?

remember spurs getting 59k against man utd

I really don't know how they got them all in,it was packed for us

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
very dodgey,especially with the old man in tow

48k that day,must be one of the highest league attendances with played in

guessing we've had more at old trafford,don't know about anfield?

remember spurs getting 59k against man utd

I really don't know how they got them all in,it was packed for us

It was rammed and there were Spurs in there as well, with the ensuing scraps adding to the crush. Seven Sisters tube was mayhem after the game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here