Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* The ONLY suspensions / 'poo-gate' thread - FACTS ONLY *~*~*

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've been approached regarding the legalities of much of the speculation that has filled NSC's pages over the past few days. I fully appreciate that it's only human nature to want to find out what has happened, what is going on and what may ultimately happen hence the thousands of speculative posts that have been made.

However, in doing so you could be:

a) Putting yourself at risk of libel litigation.
b) Putting me at risk of libel litigation.

I want to try and protect those who care about (a) and I have a very real vested interest in (b).

Therefore, I have taken the rather severe approach of removing all new threads from the past 6 days. I will review these threads later today and move back anything that is not contentious.

From now, please use this thread for all discussion relating to Albion staff suspensions and what has been termed 'poo-gate'. This gives the moderating team a greater chance of keeping things appropriate, and removing stuff that is not.

Please try and keep all discussion to known and published facts. If in doubt, please just don't post. Those who show no regard for this polite request will have their posting rights removed to protect both themselves and me.

If you see stuff that you think is borderline, please report it so moderators can review and act where required.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Oh dear :facepalm:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Thanks. Exactly what was needed.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Fair enough, I think we all appreciate that huge amount of effort that @Bozza does to keep this site running - this isn't the first time Bozza has needed to protect himself and others from possible legal action and probably won't be the last.

Thanks, mystical NSC overlord.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Good decision, i think - i'm all or free speech etc but there has to be a line somewhere. I think we'd all rather that than face any consequences.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
blimey. It's a sad day when meaningless speculation by a bunch of amateur Columbo's gets swooped on and threatned. As you say Bozza, it's only human nature to speculate.

I understand entirely the need to cover your's and our backs though. Wouldn't want to see anyone getting into trouble. Just seems a bit OTT on the clubs part, and that's a shame.

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
Just my luck - first time I've been told some 'rumours' from within today - and now we can't post...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just to add I'm well aware that a number of other sites may well be carrying substantially more litigous speculation than NSC has, but...

a) I can't control them, good luck to the site admins who allow that.
b) There will be more scrutiny on NSC at a time like this than all other sites put together.
c) You're free to be as speculative as you want away from NSC if my rules don't suit you.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Well, that explains why NSC was shut earlier

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
blimey. It's a sad day when meaningless speculation by a bunch of amateur Columbo's gets swooped on and threatned. As you say Bozza, it's only human nature to speculate.

I understand entirely the need to cover your's and our backs though. Wouldn't want to see anyone getting into trouble. Just seems a bit OTT on the clubs part, and that's a shame.

Thirdly - this didn't come from the club.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester

Who said it was anything to do with the club?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
So much speculation and counter speculation going on I thought this may happen, in fact N.S.C being closed for so long today, i was fearing worse. Shame it had to be done but glad to see the big board back, cheers for all your hard work Bozza.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I fully understand Bozza is between a rock and a hard place BUT actions like this make two people spring immediately to mind and how they tried to control what fans were saying about the club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here