Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge Rates Poyet

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
We all rate Gus don't we? He's a good football manager, unlikely he's a 'nice guy' though. He'll do well wherever he ends up. Personally I wish him well, he was responsible for some of the best football I've seen the Albion play in the 20 years I've been watching.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Player, who Poyet played regularly, in 'praising Poyet' shock!

D

Deleted member 2719

I respect Wayne Bridge and he may be right that Gus is a good man manager but tactically is stretching it too far IMO, he still just a novice and who knows he may learn by his mistakes one day and become Prem class.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I respect Wayne Bridge and he may be right that Gus is a good man manager but tactically is stretching it too far IMO, he still just a novice and who knows he may learn by his mistakes one day and become Prem class.

I was surprised by the comment that he was one of the best tactically and for man management. Shows how little we as fans probably know.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
When you're down and out
When you're on skid mark row
When Bloom comes down so hard
I will comfort you

I'll take the scrubbing brush
When Poogate comes
And bum chocolate is all around (the Palace dressing room)
Like Wayne Bridge with bleach and boiling water
I will wipe it down
Like Wayne Bridge with a filthy bucket of residual water
I will wipe it down

Sail on chocolate log,
Sail on by....

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Why are people failing to take into account that Gus Poyet has been the best manager at the Albion for donkeys years and they just want him gone that I cannot understand. Yes he has an ego but being a nice manager doesn't get you far. I hope that the situation resolves itself and all the work by Poyet is not underdone.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I was surprised by the comment that he was one of the best tactically and for man management. Shows how little we as fans probably know.

Or how little some fans think they know. There are a fair few who can see what Poyet was/has done.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I suppose someone should point out that Bridgey has played under some managers that may not have been the best. It is no surprise that he rates Gus highly in that regard is it? Especially as he is his latest manager and his previous few seasons have been largely a write off. I am, if anything, given optimism by his quote about the chairman and the supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here