Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastic Palace day trippers

Feb 14, 2010
In the mid 80s palace players could find them playing at Selhurst in front of 4000. In the late 80s during the best period in their history they scraped together regular crowds of around 14000 to watch the Ian Wright side and this season they struggled to get 14,000 or 15000 in games without free tickets and Groupon deals. But for a day trip to Wembley they have cobbled together 33000 I see. I suppose that is their 5000 core support plus the 7,000 floating support and then lots of extended family. I have to respect fans of clubs like Wigan and Palace as without them football would be much poorer. We forget how lucky the Albion are to have a large region that provides a natural fan base no matter how poor the club have been historically on the field.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its not the plastics that annoy me , its the glory hunters.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Right now I don't even want to acknowledge Wembley exists, let alone the fact we were 90 minutes from reaching it and that Palace are now there instead

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
It's always the same old 20 or so posters that write this shit, so very, very bitter. Last Monday must have been an absolute nightmare to watch for you given how much you obviously detest us :wrong:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Haven't Palace had crowds over 50K in their history? How do we compare with that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here