Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upson

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My first thought too, not that I'm not pleased with the possibility of Upson signing. Signing players when a new manager may have other preferences and contacts does seem strange. Maybe Gus is staying?

I wouldn't have thought so. He's selling his house.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Hopefully they will be tasked with finding strong, fast athletes now to get us out of this league, instead of lightweights for tippy tappy surrenderball.[/QUOTE]

Which got us out of Division 1, 10th in the championship in our first season and 4th in our second season. Rather that than the nonsense I have been served up over the years.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
The Poyet template needs refining, not ripping up if Brighton want to get promoted. Their 'tippy tappy' play achieved a 4th placed finish last time out, so there was not all that much wrong with the approach.

Agreed. Just need to be able to change it if things aren't going our way. I am sure another manager won't go two seasons without coming back to win from a losing position but there is no need to hoof the ball for 90 minutes. The reason Upson didn't play so much was probably because he was a player that didn't fit in to the way Stoke play and fitted our style better. Hope he signs

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Apologies if already mentioned, but Pullis is on record as saying he was coming here to play for a contract. I don't think that was dependant on us getting promoted personally, and could imagine him staying. Seemed happy to be here, played remarkably well, and would likely be a fringe player in many Premier League sides but gets starts here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here