Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are Andy Naylor/Brian Owen doing?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Surely they must have been able to find out what is going on by now?

Or are they waiting for NSC to break the exclusive first? Again.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sunbathing on a beach somewhere I'd think.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Mmmm,

poo found in away dressing room

local journo with stadium access gone into hiding..........

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I've got a feeling he knows what's gone on but isn't allowed to say. I think he's on holiday now anyway.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: What is Andy Naylor doing?

On holiday ( 3 weeks ? )

Brian Owen is covering the albion at the moment.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yup, he's on holiday.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Nobody seems bothered that a newspaper's job is to report the news - and locally to report the local news. There is only one story that bothers most of the local populace right now (shootings aside which doesn't really affect most people's daily life), and the concensus here is that they're keeping quiet or gone on holiday because they don't want to upset the club. Granted the Argus are not intrepid journalists, but to be tacitly gagged by the club when something this big is happening is dereliction of their main task. Do some work Argus sports team - and make a name for yourselves doing some proper balanced reporting.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Maybe Naylor had planned a holiday for the end of the season and, not unreasonably, has stuck to his plans. He tweeted last Friday to say he was off for three weeks adn that Owen would cover.
While it's likely that Owen, as second-stringer, is less well plugged into Albion sources than Naylor, the lack of news could just be that he's got nothing new to report.
If the club has got any sense at the moment, given the appalling media management of the last couple of weeks, it will not further inflame things by stimulating rumour etc, and will do its best to sort things out behind closed doors before going public. I would not be surprised if there's been an edict from the top saying that no-one is to talk to the press without authorisation, under threat of disciplinary action.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I wounded when the hearing will take place all depends on what is set out in the company T&C

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Brian Owen has an advantage over Andy Naylor because he can speak Spanish.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There is a legal process ongoing. How many more times FFS.

Nothing will be reported until that is resolved.

There's clearly another club involved in all of this. There's nothing to stop the Argus digging around and running a story. Poyet's name is prominent in the "Next Manager Odds" of 7 or 8 clubs. Find out from Everton, Fulham, Wigan, Stoke etc if Gus is in the running and, if not then why not? I would have thought that in football circles there would be a fair few people who know exactly what's happened here.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Suprised stories of eu and Europe not printed instead . Seems rest of the media adopting this tactic to deflect from real issues .

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If there is nothing to report, there is nothing they can say. I would think it would be in their best interests, to stand four square behind the club though. Not wise to bite the hand that feeds you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here