Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Development Squad

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Which members of the DS do you think are most likely to get a chance of first team football next year?

With Hammond, Vicente, Dicker and potentially Bridcutt leaving I can see JFC getting a decent chance next year.

George Barker was on the bench for the last few months and made a few appearances, always looked good when I've seen him for the DS, hopefully he impresses when gets his chance.

Another who I think has a chance is Rohan Ince, I've seen him play a few times now and he has been the stand out player every time. Very good on the ball for a Centre back with a good range of passing. I believe he was brought through the ranks at Chelsea, I'm hoping we see him around the first team squad next season. I won't be surprised if he jumps above Dunk in the pecking order.

Hopefully some of these lads make the grade, it could save us a load of cash and potentially make us some in the future.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Another who I think has a chance is Rohan Ince, I've seen him play a few times now and he has been the stand out player every time. Very good on the ball for a Centre back with a good range of passing. I believe he was brought through the ranks at Chelsea, I'm hoping we see him around the first team squad next season. I won't be surprised if he jumps above Dunk in the pecking order.

Interesting, as I had heard Dunk was on the move. This was prior to last weeks 'festivities' though.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Which members of the DS do you think are most likely to get a chance of first team football next year?

With Hammond, Vicente, Dicker and potentially Bridcutt leaving I can see JFC getting a decent chance next year.

George Barker was on the bench for the last few months and made a few appearances, always looked good when I've seen him for the DS, hopefully he impresses when gets his chance.

Hopefully some of these lads make the grade, it could save us a load of cash and potentially make us some in the future.

Can you tell me when you have seen Rohan Ince play...?

Everytime I Have seen him play he has been a big lump, about 6ft, not great on the ball and looks very uncomposed although I have only seen him play in Midfield, which I assumed was his natural postion, although possibley not.

The best players in the DS are Tobi, Barker and Kasim JFC and March.

I Dont think Tobi or Barker will cut it, in the championship Kasim will be realised as he's ben here a while now and still not close to cutting it, JFC and March should have a chance next season, if the right manager comes in.

I would exect to see March out on loan and JFC to be in and around the first team.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Can you tell me when you have seen Rohan Ince play...?

Everytime I Have seen him play he has been a big lump, about 6ft, not great on the ball and looks very uncomposed although I have only seen him play in Midfield, which I assumed was his natural postion, although possibley not.

Millwall at the Amex, the last home game before that and i believe it was Charlton, could be wrong.

He has played Centre back when I've seen him and has looked the part.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Forgot about March, he should still be In the youth team but has been impressing for the DS. He won't be near the first team yet but he is probably the biggest prospect we have, didn't we beat Newcastle for his signature? Or was that someone else.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Millwall at the Amex, the last home game before that and i believe it was Charlton, could be wrong.

He has played Centre back when I've seen him and has looked the part.

These the DS Games?

Odd I have only ever seen him in midfield and he looks out of place.

Oh well different opinions and all. but whenever I watch the DS I think the quailty is pretty poor if im honest.

It will take a lot to step up a few years ago these players would have been given a chance to prove themselves, now I dont think we will risk it. would be nice if a few players go on to have professional careers lower down the leagues.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
These the DS Games?

Odd I have only ever seen him in midfield and he looks out of place.

Oh well different opinions and all. but whenever I watch the DS I think the quailty is pretty poor if im honest.

It will take a lot to step up a few years ago these players would have been given a chance to prove themselves, now I dont think we will risk it. would be nice if a few players go on to have professional careers lower down the leagues.

Agree with most of that, there does seem to be a lot of players that have 0% chance of getting a look in but then again I guess that's the same for a lot of teams. Hopefully when this academy gets up and running we will see a few more local lads given the chance.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Agree with most of that, there does seem to be a lot of players that have 0% chance of getting a look in but then again I guess that's the same for a lot of teams. Hopefully when this academy gets up and running we will see a few more local lads given the chance.

Very true, the current DS is currently only 1 or 2 local lads as well to be fair, the rest seem to be brought in after exit trials and the like from Prem clubs.

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
I was at the Millwall DS game at the AMEX, Ince looked a liability, lost the ball far too many times, most good technically.
Brennan Dickenson looks very good, but seemed a little selfish (ronaldo like)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Forgot about March, he should still be In the youth team but has been impressing for the DS. He won't be near the first team yet but he is probably the biggest prospect we have, didn't we beat Newcastle for his signature? Or was that someone else.

Things may obviously change now since the suspension, but Poyet actually said March had impressed so much in the DS (and won YPOTY) that he had been training with the senior side towards the end if the season, and he'd be in the first team picture next season.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd love to see The Viking and, above all else, JFC get some decent opportunities.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here