Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O.T.Identity Cards

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
I need the combined wisdom of the sages of NSC, please.
My daughter will be 18 soon and wants an identity card to prove her age in pubs, clubs etc. She does not intend to drive, so is there any form of ID, apart from a provisional driving licence or passport which will do the trick? Thanks.(and no, I don't have a picture of her)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Get a provisional licence - a lot of places only accept a passport or driving licence as ID

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If you want it for pubs or clubs, its driving license simple as that.

There are various others, but no doorman or license holder is expected to accept anything else.

The way most bars and clubs are going now adays, the police are cracking down on ID, so they'd rather not risk anything other than the above 2.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Dont bother with anything else other than Passport or Driving Licence, surely she already knows this if she is coming up to 18!

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Dont bother with anything else other than Passport or Driving Licence, surely she already knows this if she is coming up to 18!

Thanks all. She did tell me that Munkfish, but I didn't believe she needed a driving licence to get drunk.How times have changed.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Thanks all. She did tell me that Munkfish, but I didn't believe she needed a driving licence to get drunk.How times have changed.

Fair enough, if she has a passport I would hide it...

I used to take out my Driving licence for me and a passport for a mate.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The Citizen Card isn't too bad either, and only £15 (plus you can get it with a pre-paid debit card built in). It's part of the government backed PASS scheme. It's lower risk than taking a driving licence or passport, although it used to be tricky to get some places to accept it. It's better now though I think.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Definitely recommend a provisional license. £50 and it'll last until she's 70. Although you'll need to change the picture a few times!
And she'll probably want to learn to drive eventually.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A Citizen Card is an accepted proof of age ID card in supermarkets but elsewhere such as pubs , clubs , off licences , corner shops etc they will only accept a passport or driving licence. The only photo ID which is the equivalent of a passport as proof of age is military service ID.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Phew! I thought this thread was going to be about Margaret Thatcher's bright idea in 1989 for football fans and a warm-up for the Panarama Hillsborough programme coming up before the following binfest.......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here