Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

really, really OT, Coopers Cask, Hove 'A' board STOLEN!!!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm assuming this is the work of some drunken :tosser: who thinks they are the funniest person alive.

If any of the good people of Hove spot it please let me know.

Description of item:

It's an 'A' board with 'Coopers Cask' painted on it.

obviously there's a couple of pints in it for the finder.

Cheers

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Custom venue/shop signs are being nicked on a daily basis in Brighton in present. The Bom-Banes cafe bust and the custom signs from several other Brighton cafes and shops (the clothes shop on Edward Street etc) that I know of for starters. Either it is a weird student/kid craze (with people in a certain uni/school/whatever daring each other to take bigger 'trophies') or it is one lone ninja nutter who wants to reconstruct the whole of Brighton in his back garden. I'd semi-admire if it was the latter, I largely suspect it's the former :(

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Custom venue/shop signs are being nicked on a daily basis in Brighton in present. The Bom-Banes cafe bust and the custom signs from several other Brighton cafes and shops (the clothes shop on Edward Street etc) that I know of for starters. Either it is a weird student/kid craze (with people in a certain uni/school/whatever daring each other to take bigger 'trophies') or it is one lone ninja nutter who wants to reconstruct the whole of Brighton in his back garden. I'd semi-admire if it was the latter, I largely suspect it's the former :(

the plot thickens

I'm going to point the finger at BIMM students, first The bloody Kooks, now this

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus

At some time in the 90s I used to DJ a cheap drinks night in Swifts in West Street on Tuesdays (50p for any drink, full of students, several fights a night, you know ths sort of thing) and we had a spate of trophy thefts. The biggest thing to go missing was the door to the toilets corridor. I have no idea how someone got that out.

I used to get pissed working there every Tuesday and one night, after we'd closed tried to open the door and fell over because it wasn't there. I called out to Terry (the manager), "Wasn't there a door here at the start of the night?", he replied "there is, it's just open you pissed c***." But it wasn't, it had gone missing.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
At some time in the 90s I used to DJ a cheap drinks night in Swifts in West Street on Tuesdays (50p for any drink, full of students, several fights a night, you know ths sort of thing) and we had a spate of trophy thefts. The biggest thing to go missing was the door to the toilets corridor. I have no idea how someone got that out.

I used to get pissed working there every Tuesday and one night, after we'd closed tried to open the door and fell over because it wasn't there. I called out to Terry (the manager), "Wasn't there a door here at the start of the night?", he replied "there is, it's just open you pissed c***." But it wasn't, it had gone missing.

Good story....tricky to get in Swifts I recall, pulled in there 4 consecutive Saturdays around that time, fun times

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Good story....tricky to get in Swifts I recall, pulled in there 4 consecutive Saturdays around that time, fun times

It was very busy weekends, I worked downstairs doing a punk/metal night on Fridays. I moved around a lot, I did Tuesdays at the Gloucester for a while, and Saturdays at the Warehouse at another time. I even did a lesbian noight on Fridays upstairs at the PavTav for about a year.

Tuesdays in Swifts was the nuttiest though. We lost money on the drinks and made all ouyr money on the door, so the more we let in the more money we made. On a normal Tuesday we'd open the door at 10, close it again by quarter past because we were full, the first big fight usually started around 11ish, a load of people would be thrown out, meaning we could let the same amount back in. Basically, as we were always on capacity on Tuesdays, the more people we threw out the more money we made so it didn't take much to get thrown out!

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
If you sell something that makes people inebriated it's no use complaining when they behave like drunks

Fair point, mind in Swifts we weren't complaining, giving us an excuse to kick them out meant someone else could pay to get in. Worked fine. (Although, I would rather have avoided the need for "bottle dodging" while DJing).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here