Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play Off Final Plastics.

Has there ever been a Championship Play off final contested between two poorly supported clubs than Watford vs Palace ?

Watford average about 11k "home" fans and Palace 15k . That means about 65k watching at Wembley will have hardly ever set foot in Vicarage Road or the Grim Groupon.

Watch out for those banners.:lolol:

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Has there ever been a Championship Play off final contested between two poorly supported clubs than Watford vs Palace ?

Watford average about 11k "home" fans and Palace 15k . That means about 65k watching at Wembley will have hardly ever set foot in Vicarage Road or the Grim Groupon.

Major
Take those pathetic attendance stats from your signature, no one really gives a s1it

IFHB

Apr 14, 2010

You really do love numbers dont you so here is another....do ONE you boring little man (?)

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013

Do you want me to link the video of the Brighton/Chelsea fan? Or put up the picture of the Celtic/Leeds/Brighton fan's letter to The Argus? Or maybe the image of Brighton fans clapping Gerrard, or wearing a Liverpool rucksack? We may have less through the gates, but at least they are real fans. And, yes, there are around 15k more coming to Wembley - this happens to every team. It would have happened to Brighton too, but 'Winifred' stopped that from happening. Enjoy watching us on Monday, I know you will be as you can't stop following Palace. In fact, they may even be your second team.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

How many of the 30,000 Brighton fans at Cardiff had been to Withdean (averaging <7,000)? Or is that different?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I have sat next to so many 'plastics' at the Amex. Are we really in a position to spout on about other teams having them? If you improve and become a more successful club or get to a final there becomes a bigger number.

Albion are maybe a little unique in that we possibly have a larger amount of 'floating' supporters due to Sussex only having 2 clubs in the league, and that is only recently.

To start the whole plastics thing at other clubs seems a little 2 faced in my opinion

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

Have you not got anything better to post than this. These so-called 'Plastics' are people from the surrounding areas where the clubs are based have you not got the intelligence to understand that. Go and take a cold shower and then come back and post something intelligent. Sorry but this word plastic is driving me mad.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Do you want me to link the video of the Brighton/Chelsea fan? Or put up the picture of the Celtic/Leeds/Brighton fan's letter to The Argus? Or maybe the image of Brighton fans clapping Gerrard, or wearing a Liverpool rucksack? We may have less through the gates, but at least they are real fans. And, yes, there are around 15k more coming to Wembley - this happens to every team. It would have happened to Brighton too, but 'Winifred' stopped that from happening. Enjoy watching us on Monday, I know you will be as you can't stop following Palace. In fact, they may even be your second team.

Do you really think the letter from the Leeds / Celtic / Brighton fan was real? Is the Liverpool rucksack any different to the Man Utd hat in the Cantona picture?

Clubs like ours are always going to have a high number of floating fans, and it's lucky we do really or it would be a bit embarrassing when the good times come around and we take 12,000 to Wembley, I'm sure you'll agree.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Every club has plastics, it's as simple as that.

I've noticed a lot of Palace fans have came out of the woodwork too and I know that some haven't actually ever been to Selhurst !!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Are we still going to pour scorn on Palace, Blackburn, Wolves etc. Surely the last week has taught us that it's a fine line between success and disaster. Time for our arrogance to stop for a while I think

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Good valid post Major, it needs to be said and i'm not sure why everyones on your back about it. Plastic Palace has a ring to it!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm not going to mock clubs for how many they take to Wembley, or the 'quality' of their supporters because they actually managed to get there in the first place.

Does anyone honestly think that attendances really matter that much? I can't imagine that the winners of the final will give even the smallest toss about their average attendance, nor should they, they'll (hopefully Watford) be celebrating something that matters.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Great work as usual Major. Not since the FA Vase started being played at the insipid and soul-less new Wembley have so few genuine fans attended a match there. Let's hope the Man Utd Palace aren't already wearing their Zaha/Man Utd tops and spending most of the match asking who the other players on the pitch are.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The obsession with attendances is really quite tiresome. Not sure how we can say anything about people not attending games and going to the play off final considering how many we took to Cardiff.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I really do find this obsession with "plastics" really quite nauseating.

When I were but a boy, we called them "butterflies" a far more charming reference for people who would come out on the sunny days, but would be nowhere to be seen on the gloomy, dark days. Yes, it was a distinction, but I never felt it was a big criticism, it's just the facts of life isn't it, and a perfectly natural one. Of course the glorious days, the high profile games draw a bigger crowd, where is the surprise in that?

Don't we all do it? Wouldn't we all just dismiss the cricticism as a nosense if someone threw it at us in different circumstances. I was at Lords last Thursday, and no-one turned on me as a "plastic" due to my lack of attendance at County games, or at a concert at the O2, no-one criticises me for not being at that bands gigs when they were doing rough clubs around the country.

At the end of the day, big games pull bigger crowds than average, just like the following we had to Wembley in 1991. It happens, don't see the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here