Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rude Words Sneaked into Pop Songs

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I've heard this particular song this way for nigh on 30 years and wonder how many other cheeky little additions to songs there are. The chorus refrain at the end of Summer Night City by Abba. Just as it fades out, I am pretty convinced that "Walking in the moonlight" becomes "F**king in the moonlight", even taking into account the Nordic Foursome's notoriously ropey accents.

After 4mins 5 secs -

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
N***a in Paris by Kanye West? Or are we looking for something a little more subtle??

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I recall a single played on Radio 1 (back in the day) by The Beautiful South that had a load of swearing on at the end. I remember hearing at least one of the muppety daytime DJ's being caught by it (possibly the wonderful Ooooh Gary Davies...). It might've been 'Don't Marry Her', but I'm not 100% sure. 'Twas all very amusing though.

I recall a single played on Radio 1 (back in the day) by The Beautiful South that had a load of swearing on at the end. I remember hearing at least one of the muppety daytime DJ's being caught by it (possibly the wonderful Ooooh Gary Davies...). It might've been 'Don't Marry Her', but I'm not 100% sure. 'Twas all very amusing though.

Yes, the album version of "Don't Marry Her..." has a slightly different lyric. The album version of "Who are You" by the 'oo also has one word slightly different to the radio friendly version.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm pretty sure one of the early lines in George michael's 'fast love' is

"All that bulls... Conversation" and that always seems to be played on the radio.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
On 'Hey Jude' by the Beatles underneath the line "and then you begin" just before the 4 minute fade out section, you can hear John Lennon saying "Oh Fuc*ing hell". You have to listen carefully mind

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
'Bullshit is bullshit it just goes by different names' from The Jam's final single, Beat Surrender.

Another from the Jam 'Covered in shit and aches and pains' from 5 o'clock hero.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
On 'Hey Jude' by the Beatles underneath the line "and then you begin" just before the 4 minute fade out section, you can hear John Lennon saying "Oh Fuc*ing hell". You have to listen carefully mind

Its around 2.58 into the track. Clearly audible and deliberately left in.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
S Club Juniors

A-a-a-a-ah (I've been looking for a new direction)
A-a-a-a-ah a-ah (I've been looking for a new direction)
A-a-a-a-ah (I've been looking for a new direction)
A-a-a-a-ah a-ah (I've been looking for a nude erection)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here