Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At The Edge Of The Sea

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Now that The Great Escape is out of the way we can finally focus on the year's biggest musical event.

Now it's over 2 days I fear I may need a liver replacement.

:rock:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Would love to go, but i think i might get in trouble with social services if i leave the kids by themselves for 48 hours. I see The Flatmates are playing. I remember buying Shimmer 7" and a Soupdragons 7" off the guitarist once. Can imagine they might look a little different now - unlike me: still get asked for ID like Ralph Macchio (or did he die?).

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Would love to go, but i think i might get in trouble with social services if i leave the kids by themselves for 48 hours. I see The Flatmates are playing. I remember buying Shimmer 7" and a Soupdragons 7" off the guitarist once. Can imagine they might look a little different now - unlike me: still get asked for ID like Ralph Macchio (or did he die?).

I had to check it was the original Flatmates and pleased that it is.
Got my tickets a while back and now have to hope Brighton are not at home on the Saturday. Every year since this festival started there has been a clash and I have missed the Cinerama set so its fingers crossed again. (Though they are playing Sunday too)

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Seen The Weddoes many times, but never Cinerama. Love the Pacific/Kings Cross single. Does Gedge still live in Eastbourne?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Seen The Weddoes many times, but never Cinerama. Love the Pacific/Kings Cross single. Does Gedge still live in Eastbourne?

I thought he lived in Brighton but not totally sure. You can always rely on him to curate a great festival and this one looks better than ever. ( However I did not really get The Badly Drawn Boy inclusion a few years back)

Flex Your Head

I had to check it was the original Flatmates and pleased that it is.
Got my tickets a while back and now have to hope Brighton are not at home on the Saturday. Every year since this festival started there has been a clash and I have missed the Cinerama set so its fingers crossed again. (Though they are playing Sunday too)
Sadly not the original line-up, in fact only one of the 2013 version of the band actually played on the classic 'Shimmer'.

http://alayerofchips.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/the-flatmates-i-wanted-to-gatecrash.html

Mind you, The Fireworks are playing and they are just fantastic. All original material but played in that classic C86 Shop Assistants / early MBV style.

http://fireworksgopop.wordpress.com/

They look great too.

the_firewors_buffalo.jpg

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Sadly not the original line-up, in fact only one of the 2013 version of the band actually played on the classic 'Shimmer'.

http://alayerofchips.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/the-flatmates-i-wanted-to-gatecrash.html

Mind you, The Fireworks are playing and they are just fantastic. All original material but played in that classic C86 Shop Assistants / early MBV style.

http://fireworksgopop.wordpress.com/

They look great too.

the_firewors_buffalo.jpg

Thanks for the update. I managed to listen to some Fireworks and watch The Higher and Higher video. It was like being transported back to my flat in Montpelier Road 1986. Looking forward to seeing them live in August. On a similar note The Pastels new release is very good.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
CorgiRegisteredFriend;57 68506 said:
.................. On a similar note The Pastels new release is very good.

Yes

But

:bowdown:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
With just a couple of days to go does anyone know anything about set times? More worried about the Saturday as obviously will be legging it across town after we have beaten Burnley. Sunday will be there for the entirety.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here