Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article in Sabotage Times "why I hate Brighton"

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Today I strolled along London Road, through the North Laines up into Western Road, and thought to myself what a wonderful diverse city we have.

Then I got home and read this article. http://sabotagetimes.com/life/why-i-hate-brighton/

One of the comments to the article even had the nerve to say its football supporters leave 15 minutes before the end of a game! Outrageous!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
North Laines?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Today I strolled along London Road, through the North Laines up into Western Road, and thought to myself what a wonderful diverse city we have.

Then I got home and read this article. http://sabotagetimes.com/life/why-i-hate-brighton/

One of the comments to the article even had the nerve to say its football supporters leave 15 minutes before the end of a game! Outrageous!

Are you in the habit of reading two year old articles then?

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
The author of the piece is clearly such an aficianado of Brighton that he can't distinguish between The Lanes and North Laine, seeing as how he mentions Vegetarian Shoes as being the type of pretentious shop found in the Lanes, when it is in fact, in Gardner Street in North Laine.

Just about every city has areas that are more rundown in comparison to others and some rough areas. Brighton is far from unique in that respect. This just seems like a very lazy critique and the good points about living in Brighton far outweigh the bad.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just another attention seeker thinking that they can pick holes in everything but conveniently forgetting the fact they weren't born in Brighton and lived somewhere nondescript before moving to the town.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I was at an event at Hove Town hall yesterday called the City Assembly.

The Chairman, who I'd thought was a local, went on about the work at 'the levels'. Where the hell is that? He called it that on at least one other occasion. Ye Gods, any true Brightonion thows that it's The Level, surely.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Most of the observations in the article are true , it is full of hippy lefty trustafarian middle class deluded armchair revolutionarys and clueless anarchists ....but compared to the multicultural mugging rape fest that is Hackney where i moved from ...its delightful !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just another attention seeker thinking that they can pick holes in everything but conveniently forgetting the fact they weren't born in Brighton and lived somewhere nondescript before moving to the town.

There's one first year media studies student every year with a mum and dad who force fed them The Smiths Collected Works who writes essentially the same article every year about how rubbish it is to live in Brighton. Yada yada piss off back to Milton Keynes then.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I was at an event at Hove Town hall yesterday called the City Assembly.

The Chairman, who I'd thought was a local, went on about the work at 'the levels'. Where the hell is that? He called it that on at least one other occasion. Ye Gods, any true Brightonion thows that it's The Level, surely.

Hi K!, Nice to bump into you yesterday at the City Assembly. :)

The Chairman >> https://twitter.com/ChrisKift1<< originates from Bristol, although he has been here a few years so should know better. I thought I misheard yesterday but you confirmed it! 'the levels' indeed :(

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
His comments woke me from my slumbers and I was tempted to correct him except I'd probably be in the minority of true locals (inbred!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here