Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next season's Championship

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
People are forever saying that the Championship is getting stronger every year, but is it really?

Teams leaving this season:

Cardiff, Hull, Watford/Palace, Peterborough, Wolves, Bristol City

Teams joining next season:

Wigan, QPR, Reading, Bournemouth, Doncaster, Yeovil

In my opinion, the league will be weaker next season :shrug:

Apologies if fixtures, the search function is turned off :thumbsup:

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
People are forever saying that the Championship is getting stronger every year, but is it really?

Teams leaving this season:

Cardiff, Hull, Watford/Palace, Peterborough, Wolves, Bristol City

Teams joining next season:

Wigan, QPR, Reading, Bournemouth, Doncaster, Yeovil

In my opinion, the league will be weaker next season :shrug:

Apologies if fixtures, the search function is turned off :thumbsup:

You never know with the Championship! There are a lot of teams that could battle it out for the top 6!!!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
LARGE on brighton to go up

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I also feel were now an established championship side and one of the big players now a side no one will want to play against at the Amex and we had a good away record at the end of this season
Personally I think next season will be amazing and could see us doing a Cardiff, were now very experienced at this level

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I also feel were now an established championship side and one of the big players now a side no one will want to play against at the Amex and we had a good away record at the end of this season
Personally I think next season will be amazing and could see us doing a Cardiff, were now very experienced at this level

Hmmm

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

We've been in the Championship for 2 seasons!!
I reckon we'll finish in a similar position next season. The amount of points dropped all over the Championship by the top 12 was insane. Won't see that again next season.

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Not quite sure about that, but I agree with the sentiment. I think 2 seasons is long enough to get a feel for the league, make the necessary improvements and push for promotion.

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
With no Upson, Bridge and Bridcutt we may need a few more than a few additions if we're in with a shout....

Bridcutt is by no means guaranteed to leave, I mean it's likely that we'll get some good bids for him, but who says we have to accept them?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

100% agree with you on this. We have now got second season syndrome out of the way which is important. We only have a few league 1 baggage left at the club now.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Wolves, Blackburn and Bolton all proved that coming down from the prem, even with the money means nothing if your clubs not run properly. Wigan will surely lose their manager, as I suspect will QPR(wonder where he will go), Reading are my bet to be the strongest out of those three. Can't see the three coming up, pulling up any trees, although one of them may surprise. If Palace don't win the play offs they will be mid table, based on form since Holloway took over. Leicester, Leeds, Ipswich, Forest, Bolton and Birmingham fans will all expect big things from their teams and then there is us....If we get the right man in(which we will) and a few key players are signed(which will happen) I think auto promotion has got to be the target, anything outside the play offs will be very disappointing indeed....I personally think depending on who comes in, I might have a good bet on us winning the division

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I'm seriously worried about battling relegation next season, or at least being way out of the playoff picture. Look what happened to Blackpool, play off finals one season and then mediocrity the next. All this talk of automatic promotion is a tad premature IMO

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bridcutt is by no means guaranteed to leave, I mean it's likely that we'll get some good bids for him, but who says we have to accept them?

Bridcutt is very much a Poyet system player and fantastic at what he does...Another manager with different ideas may not be so keen on that type of player. Bridcutt is very much a 5 man midfield player. I can see him going for £3/4 million to finance other signings.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
We've been in the Championship for 2 seasons!!
I reckon we'll finish in a similar position next season. The amount of points dropped all over the Championship by the top 12 was insane. Won't see that again next season.

2 seasons and 92 games loads of games to have gained nough experience to romp this league next season with a decent manager next year and 3 or 4 new signings

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Established after 2 seasons?

I think Leicester, Forest, Leeds, Derby, Ipswich, Boro, Burnley are all way more established and will fancy their chances next season.

We can feel positive if we get this Manager stuff sorted but there will still be at least 16 teams (prob more) starting the season thinking they can get themselves promoted

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Established after 2 seasons?

I think Leicester, Forest, Leeds, Derby, Ipswich, Boro, Burnley are all way more established and will fancy their chances next season.

We can feel positive if we get this Manager stuff sorted but there will still be at least 16 teams (prob more) starting the season
thinking they can get themselves promoted

Yeesssssss established after 2 years & 92 games
After 2 years in any line of business you'll have gained enough experience to be pushing for a promotion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here