Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Redknapp now 4/1

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ok, if you can look beyond the court cases and all the Portsmouth stuff. If Barber/Bloom kept his spending in check, which I think they would. No one can argue that his team's have always played attractive attacking football. On a purely football note and nothing else, why would anyone be unhappy if old Harry did suddenly pitch up with Jordan and Bond in tow down here...It would certainly be entertaining, while it lasted.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Why do people keep posting about the odds being given as if theres even a tiny bit of weight behind them? Someone probably put a 100 down on 'arry, that's all.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Did well at Pompey (for most of his time) and Tottenham but poor at Southampton and has hardly set the world alight at QPR. Also, QPR will presumably want a fair bit of compensation.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You seem to like Warnock, Redknapp and Curbishley for the job. I think all three of them will be happy to wind down before their eventual retirement.

I think a war chest is the only way Redknapp can make something of himself. Do we need steady stream of expensive players coming and going?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
While not as against him as some other on here, I really don't think we could afford to keep the Redknapp show going. In fact I think he will really struggle with the whole FFP situation, on a purely football basis, yes I'd agree and say yes please. But take into account his wages and his love of transfers I just don't think it could happen.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Ok, if you can look beyond the court cases and all the Portsmouth stuff. If Barber/Bloom kept his spending in check, which I think they would. No one can argue that his team's have always played attractive attacking football. On a purely football note and nothing else, why would anyone be unhappy if old Harry did suddenly pitch up with Jordan and Bond in tow down here...It would certainly be entertaining, while it lasted.

completely agree. redknapp would be my choice.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Did well at Pompey (for most of his time) and Tottenham but poor at Southampton and has hardly set the world alight at QPR. Also, QPR will presumably want a fair bit of compensation.

Doubt it, I would imagine he had a release clause upon relegation, he is not stupid. There were pretty much doomed when he went there.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You seem to like Warnock, Redknapp and Curbishley for the job. I think all three of them will be happy to wind down before their eventual retirement.

I think a war chest is the only way Redknapp can make something of himself. Do we need steady stream of expensive players coming and going?

Never said I liked Warnock. But I'd be happy with the other two.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Harry+ Barber= nah

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :nono:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Harry Redknapps Blue & White Army

That'll upset a few on here at least we might have a chance of winning the FA cup and getting into Europe
Plus premiership football ( whatever people say about ARRY he can get the job done )

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Doubt it, I would imagine he had a release clause upon relegation, he is not stupid. There were pretty much doomed when he went there.

Maybe. I do think that you're thoughts on the likes of Curbishley or Redknapp won't be shared by Bloom and we will get a younger manager (maybe from overseas). We will see though. I don't think anyone would have said Gus would get the job when it came up last time.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Vicente/Painter/Dicker gone, Lopez probably going. Bridcutt will probably be sold for £5m+ and maybe wherever Poyet goes he will come back and bid for Ulloa and we turn a quick profit. Chuck in the % of wages we were paying for Upson/Bridge and I would say there is a fare amount to work with at this level and we still have a good core squad.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The thought that came into my mind was that of a friendly girl in the pub, that likes to go out with blokes that spend money on her, she's been out with most of your local mates and left them deep in debt......she's getting long in the tooth now and does not seem so attractive.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :nono:

That'll upset a few on here at least we might have a chance of winning the FA cup and getting into Europe
Plus premiership football ( whatever people say about ARRY he can get the job done )

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The thought that came into my mind was that of a friendly girl in the pub, that likes to go out with blokes that spend money on her, she's been out with most of your local mates and left them deep in debt......she's getting long in the tooth now and does not seem so attractive.

But still a pretty good shag and dirty bitch to boot.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Ha! Like it. Sums him up. STEER CLEAR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here