Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liffey Valley Rangers FC

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Anyone heard of this team before? Est 1998 modeling there youngsters on the Barca/ Ajax model. Really like the look of their u17's good coaching by the look of it. This got me thinking how hard will it be to get coach's for our academy that work in the style of Brighton's passing game; are they are rare breed?

Description
Mark Connors and Derek Mc Donnell's Liffey Valley Rangers under 17's DDSL side in action. On majority when people refer to good football academy's such as Barcelona, Ajax or Real Madrid ect are used as examples through video. This video is a sample to all Irish coaches of how hard work, knowledge and commitment can help bridge the gap between grassroots football in Ireland and leading nations such as Spain or Holland for example...

It doesn't matter if your love for the game is huge or not, if you can't appreciate this type of football or the style these lads and a select few others around the Country like them are introducing to the Irish game at grassroots level then in my opinion your mentality or in some cases actions are part of the reason we are so far behind country's like Spain or Holland technically in the first place. Change the future by changing the players that will be a part of it!

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
while it is impressive, and not try and put a downer on it but its far easier to adopt that method when you play on a flat 3g pitch. trying to play that way on a shoddy park pitch is a hell of a lot harder when most of the year it resembles either the somme or glastonbury

more clubs here need to look at installing 3g pitches alongside the grass pitches if they want to use this passing model

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I agree with your sentiments but grass roots clubs, leagues and county FA's don't get funding or help from the national FA or their councils to install facilities.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I visit Ireland three times a month because of my job and stay at the clarion in Liffey valley.

That is all

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Surely its a choice of playing that style or not? All you really need is a flat, hard space to practise even if its reduced sides. But i don't deny having a flat pitch to work on would be the best situation.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The opposition teams just look fairly shit to be honest.
Any club can chuck an 8 minute compilation of their 'best bits' together and look like world beaters.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here