Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Withdean 4k

sundabish1

Nov 1, 2009
Looking back at last season and seeing how far we have come as a club (ignoring poogate and petulance from the manager) I think the club owes a significant debt to those 4000 or so season ticket holders at Withdean. Most had season tickets throughout the time at Withdean and to be frank without the season ticket money coming in each year, the club would have gone broke long before TB had his chance. I think the club should somehow recognise those true fans who braved the elements (and some of the performances) and stuck with it for so long. I'm sure when season tickets were being allocated at the amex there was a first tranche of 4000 or so all of whom had at least 10 years as a season ticket holder so the club have the details. would be nice for the club to recognise that contribution at some point before we get lost in the inevitable corporate machine of the premier league (which trust me will happen).
UTA

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That is fair comment but also don't forget the war heros that ousted the previous regime or the 2,500 and 3,200 that went to Gillingham or the fan base of 20,000? to 30,000? that sustains a 6,900 average there either..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So how would they recognise them then apart from the fact they got 250 additional loyalty points which I would add meant a mate of mine qualified for the CPFC away ticket in the first tranche yet has only been to around 5 away games since the Amex

sundabish1

Nov 1, 2009
I guess that's up to the club but I suspect they won't as no money to be made. Maybe a plaque at the ground? Certificate? Id settle for a Badge! If it works for blue Peter it works for me..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the club should somehow recognise those true fans who braved the elements (and some of the performances) and stuck with it for so long.
They have recognised us, they've spent £150m on a new ground, training facilities, players and other staff. I'm over the moon with the way they've chosen to recognise us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rewarded with three Championships and a play off win, that's enough for me

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How about a Gillingham campaign badge for the STH's that kept the club going.

So how would they recognise them?
They don't need to be "recognised". We know who they are.

This is enough for me:-

"The battle's only just begun, but we have won the war.
Our club, though torn asunder, will survive.
And I salute each one of you who stood up and said NO!
And fought to keep the Albion alive.
And one day, when our new home's built, and we are storming back
A bunch of happy fans without a care
We'll look back on our darkest hour and raise our glasses high
and say with satisfaction: we were there
".

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
They have recognised us, they've spent £150m on a new ground, training facilities, players and other staff. I'm over the moon with the way they've chosen to recognise us.

Is the final and defining answer-the end.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
They don't need to be "recognised". We know who they are.

This is enough for me:-

"The battle's only just begun, but we have won the war.
Our club, though torn asunder, will survive.
And I salute each one of you who stood up and said NO!
And fought to keep the Albion alive.
And one day, when our new home's built, and we are storming back
A bunch of happy fans without a care
We'll look back on our darkest hour and raise our glasses high
and say with satisfaction: we were there
".

Thank you Lord B-i have hunted my old Gull's Eyes for ages to try and find that!!!! God Bless You.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Now THAT was a depressing time :down:

But for some reason i actually liked bits of being there,swapping stands,a good roof behind the goal,the team had reached rock bottom and we all knew or at least lived in hope that things would only get better.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But for some reason i actually liked bits of being there,swapping stands,a good roof behind the goal,the team had reached rock bottom and we all knew or at least lived in hope that things would only get better.

The Labour Party said things would get better and look what happened........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here