Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was David Beckham the last playing pro to have played at The Goldstone?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
There must be quite a few kids who played for away teams aged 16/17/18 who are still going.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Would've been a few players in the 1996/97 season still involved in the game, I'd imagine. From recollection, I don't think Ryan Giggs played a part in the League Cup tie that David Beckham came on as a substitute in. Danny Wallace played wide left that night and scored United's goal.

crabtree seagull

Nov 7, 2007
Frank Lampard played against us when on loan at Swansea from West Ham. Might have scored in the north end too I seem to remember?

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I had no knowledge of Kanchelskis playing for Wealdstone. I've seen a bit of football at Ryman League level but had seen no reference to him turning out for them. Has he actually played for them for a number of games? Or has it been one of those Wembley FC style publicity stunts where people like Le Saux and Leboeuf turned out for them in the FA Cup preliminary round as part of a sponsorship they had only to never be seen again when they got knocked out.

On a similar theme, is Darren Freeman still playing? He would presumably have played for Fulham at Brighton's last season at the Goldstone. I remember watching him a couple of years back when he was joint manager at Whitehawk and in the game I watched, he got sent off!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Did Rio Ferdinand not play against us for Bournemouth?

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
I thought David James played at the Goldstone though only from hearsay. I actually thought he might be the only player to have played at the Goldstone and the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here