Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your thoughts if Glenn Hoddle got the Albion job

Thoughts if Hoddle got the Albion job?

• Total voters

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It would appear a good fit. Plays nice attractive, attacking possession football. Would be a good choice with some of the players we already have at the club. Hoddle always said he would come back into management, but it would have to be the right club. If he sees us as that club, then that's quite a big compliment. Probably the most gifted English player, certainly of the last thirty/forty years.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
It might help if he is man enough to say that he has put past views/comments behind him and would like to move on. However if he is daft enough to come out with the same views again then he will be toast.

Otherwise it will always be held against him and the media will hang on every word for some mischief. The fans might be happy to let the footie do the talking but I'm not sure the media would.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Has football changed that much? No I don't believe it has. He appreciates skill, tactics, he's well respected. My worry is he's been out of the game and won't have the contacts and ear to the ground like other candidates.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I would happily accept Hoddle. Dinosaur? Absolute rubbish. He has a fantastic football brain and like I said on another post, would suit us very well!

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I couldn't understand how he lost his job as England manager, anyway that's another story, I'd be happy to have him manage us.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I would happily accept Hoddle. Dinosaur? Absolute rubbish. He has a fantastic football brain and like I said on another post, would suit us very well!

Maybe but the first "them ones" or "we was" he utters I will not rest until he is hounded back to whence he came.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's quite bizarre, it seems the people who saw through Poyet, would welcome Hoddle with open arms. Yet the Poyet fan club, seem to hate the idea( well most of them)..Very interesting seeing as Hoddle was light years ahead of Poyet, in terms of formations and tactics and he has actually managed sides to success at the highest level.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Has football changed that much? No I don't believe it has. He appreciates skill, tactics, he's well respected. My worry is he's been out of the game and won't have the contacts and ear to the ground like other candidates.

True, but, he has become one of football's Untouchables,excuse the pun. Along with George Graham, Alan Curbishly and John Gregory. If he had any real skills in management he would be working already. It's a no from me.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Although I would be interested to see Hoddle as Albion manager, certainly in preference to some other names I tend to agree that he might be better suited as an international manager or Director of Footie role without all the day to day stuff around managing a Club.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
His views on disabled people, my mrs is disabled.

I've been quite vocal on here in the past regarding the .. Well I won't say rights, I'll say the absolute bottom line facilities I expect from a football club.

Hoddle's views if reported correctly are quite quite wrong. Obviously coming from daft pseudo religious spiritualism but they are hardly unique. I don't actually think he has negative views on the disabled. People like that appear to be unable to draw the connection between what they hear in a prayer meeting and the reality around them.

So on that basis I hear exactly what you saying and I've got and had disabled people in my family, I used to be a helper in the disabled area at Withdean.

But frankly I don't think it should stop him becoming a manager and shouldn't have resulted in his sacking as England manager. Just my opinion and I'd be more than willing to ask him to clarify his beliefs if I ever met him. I'll tell him he is an idiot whilst being one of the finest players this country ever produced.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Need to set a few things straight here re Hoddle. Can only think we have some young posters on here that never saw his teams play!
SEVEN YEARS OUT THE GAME? rubbish. He has been running a football academy in Spain giving British youngsters a 2nd chance in football. So not only will he know of lots of players that have come through his academy, he will also have good knowledge of the Spanish game. Put these together with his media work and he has certainly not been "out of the game"

FOOTBALL DINOSAUR? rubbish. Anyone who saw his teams play would know he plays the game ob the floor and tacticly was miles ahead of his time. Mick macarthy and Tony Pulis were in football last year but they are the football dinosaurs in my
opinion.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
It's quite bizarre, it seems the people who saw through Poyet, would welcome Hoddle with open arms. Yet the Poyet fan club, seem to hate the idea( well most of them)..Very interesting seeing as Hoddle was light years ahead of Poyet, in terms of formations and tactics and he has actually managed sides to success at the highest level.

I was in the poyet fan club but would still welcome Hoddle. Don't agree with everything you say on here kevtherev but think you are spot on regarding Hoddle.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Need to set a few things straight here re Hoddle. Can only think we have some young posters on here that never saw his teams play!
SEVEN YEARS OUT THE GAME? rubbish. He has been running a football academy in Spain giving British youngsters a 2nd chance in football. So not only will he know of lots of players that have come through his academy, he will also have good knowledge of the Spanish game. Put these together with his media work and he has certainly not been "out of the game"

FOOTBALL DINOSAUR? rubbish. Anyone who saw his teams play would know he plays the game ob the floor and tacticly was miles ahead of his time. Mick macarthy and Tony Pulis were in football last year but they are the football dinosaurs in my
opinion.

This this this.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

opinion.

Totally agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here