Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Steve Foster (my Lord)

Can you spend more money on the albion?

0 Not allowed!
    We have been asked by Mr Barber to spend more on the albion and at the Amex,will you be able to do this?
    After getting an email prior to the palace game urging me to buy a flag,jesters hat,curly wig and some other quality items i think it we be very difficult to spend any more than this season.
    In fact we are going down to only two season tickets instead of three. We are looking not to spend as much on refreshments due to quality,price and the fact only two of us will be there.
    Will any of you guys be spending more and if so in which area?
    :dunce: From a fool is born a genius

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I am spending more. season ticket prices have gone up.
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Ultimately I visit the Amex to watch 22 men kicking a bag of air around a patch of grass. There is only so much I will spend doing that. If it goes beyond a budget that doesn't infringe on all the far more important area of life then I just stop going.
      Quote Originally Posted by Hillian1 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There seems to be a pattern emerging, and it goes by the name of Pepperpot.

0 Not allowed!
      I doubt I will spend anymore than last season at the Amex which was not very much
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !

0 Not allowed!
      We all no doubt spend what we can. I am sure replica kits will be brought again and money spent on beers and food throughout the season. I spent about about £1000 in food and drink over the past year inside the ground and doubt i could top that next year but we shall see.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      less - had my last pie + pint yesterday - need to commit to a healthier lifestyle
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      We don't need to spend any more to increase revenue to the club - just make sure that those wanting to spend their money are served in good time and with the product they asked for.
      We stand where we want! Chicken Runner61's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I think this is the point where football has lost its way.

If the TV money, sponsorship, corporate involvement and other income is so good how come they need 30k supporters donating hard earned average wages every two weeks to increase spending?

Players wages are the problem here starting at the top. For the all the skill and talent top players have most people can kick a football around and the pay gap between someone brilliant and someone average is ridiculous. You don't get someone who is better at you at work earning £100k a week for doing the same job with a bit of flair do you?

Players should earn the same sort of realistic wages appropriate to their division and then any extra income should come from sponsorship based on their flair, skill and appeal.

Get the money needed by cutting wages at the top not from the supporters who are the only reason the club exists. We are born, blooded and moulded into supporters, only the dumb become supporters through hype and advertising!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Have to admit to becoming a bit bored with the pies and the quality has definatly dropped. I used to be able to eat the pies without a fork but now the crust is often rock hard & burnt and the filling is nuclear hot.
      40 years of watching the Albion makes me an official Boring Old Git.

0 Not allowed!
      I will probably reduce spending to counter the season ticket increase. I stopped buying programmes this year but this season I had two season tickets as opposed to last years one. Next season will probably resort to a flask of tea with the added bonus of not having to queue! Might have the occasional pint though.
      So much for the 10 year plan