Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you spend more money on the albion?

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
We have been asked by Mr Barber to spend more on the albion and at the Amex,will you be able to do this?
After getting an email prior to the palace game urging me to buy a flag,jesters hat,curly wig and some other quality items i think it we be very difficult to spend any more than this season.
In fact we are going down to only two season tickets instead of three. We are looking not to spend as much on refreshments due to quality,price and the fact only two of us will be there.
Will any of you guys be spending more and if so in which area?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Ultimately I visit the Amex to watch 22 men kicking a bag of air around a patch of grass. There is only so much I will spend doing that. If it goes beyond a budget that doesn't infringe on all the far more important area of life then I just stop going.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I doubt I will spend anymore than last season at the Amex which was not very much

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We all no doubt spend what we can. I am sure replica kits will be brought again and money spent on beers and food throughout the season. I spent about about £1000 in food and drink over the past year inside the ground and doubt i could top that next year but we shall see.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
We don't need to spend any more to increase revenue to the club - just make sure that those wanting to spend their money are served in good time and with the product they asked for.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I think this is the point where football has lost its way.

If the TV money, sponsorship, corporate involvement and other income is so good how come they need 30k supporters donating hard earned average wages every two weeks to increase spending?

Players wages are the problem here starting at the top. For the all the skill and talent top players have most people can kick a football around and the pay gap between someone brilliant and someone average is ridiculous. You don't get someone who is better at you at work earning £100k a week for doing the same job with a bit of flair do you?

Players should earn the same sort of realistic wages appropriate to their division and then any extra income should come from sponsorship based on their flair, skill and appeal.

Get the money needed by cutting wages at the top not from the supporters who are the only reason the club exists. We are born, blooded and moulded into supporters, only the dumb become supporters through hype and advertising!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Have to admit to becoming a bit bored with the pies and the quality has definatly dropped. I used to be able to eat the pies without a fork but now the crust is often rock hard & burnt and the filling is nuclear hot.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
I will probably reduce spending to counter the season ticket increase. I stopped buying programmes this year but this season I had two season tickets as opposed to last years one. Next season will probably resort to a flask of tea with the added bonus of not having to queue! Might have the occasional pint though.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We don't need to spend any more to increase revenue to the club - just make sure that those wanting to spend their money are served in good time and with the product they asked for.

I agree bought nothing at the Palace game as we were delayed getting to the ground and the service was bad could have got to the bar after the game but did not feel like it after the result. Just improve the service and the spend will go up?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If the Government would give me a larger pension I would gladly hand more of it over to support the Albion. On the other hand Barber's salary is more per week than my pension is in a year, so maybe he should donate a portion of his income to the Club first, to improve the figures. He doesn't even pay for tickets ffs.
I'm probably the wrong type of customer though, I last wore a suit at a friends funeral and have never owned a replica shirt, as there was no such thing when I first donated two thirds of my pocket money to watch the Albion. Ramble over.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Two season tickets costing over £1200, Two £7 meal deals every game, all cup/play off games, friendlies, scarfs and hats. About £2000. I can afford it but 90% of supporters cant. There is only so much a supporter can fork out!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Probably could but have no desire or need to. Season ticket, programme and booking fee for away games is plenty

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Probably could but have no desire or need to. Season ticket, programme and booking fee for away games is plenty

Same here. As it is I tend to eat at the swan before the game now because the food us better. 3 season tickets and a few pints in the ground are my limit. If I didn't go to away games I could probably afford to spend more but not sure what is gain other than a bigger belly.
The kids have their shirts and I have a few bits but I struggle to see how the club is desperate for income.
30k attendance every other week is pretty impressive and the amount of corporate income and sponsorship investment is sizeable (and that's not just the big deals but there are lots of smaller businesses putting money in that are rarely mentioned)
As discussed at the beginning of the season re food and drink price increases, if the cost was even just a few quid cheaper the club would almost certainly sell more per game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here