Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking pints of Whiskey.....Mark McGhee.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Took us up and kept us up, without a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out of. Still lives in Brighton I believe. Don't think in a million years he would get the job, but who knows. He wasn't that bad was he, given the circumstances???....Discuss.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I liked Mark,up there with my favorite Albion managers,he was a sticker and he would have not walked away after a Palace Play off Semi Final defeat,but no thanks...

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Never rated him as a manager. We almost always went on to lose the game as a direct result of his poor substitutions. I'd love to see a stat on this because it happened so often.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A thoroughly decent man who did a good job at the Albion in difficult circumstances.

He's had enough of the day to day grind of club management and the Scotland job now suits him perfectly.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Never rated him as a manager. We almost always went on to lose the game as a direct result of his poor substitutions. I'd love to see a stat on this because it happened so often.

Well he kept us in the Championship on nothing but air-thin air.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I well remember wet days at Withdean feeling I wanted McGhee (Mister Magoo) to sort it out - make a change - do something. Nice enough guy - bit of a dour Scot though - in our current position we can do better - much better. Need a guy with passion, played at very the top level, an international focus, doesn't take prisoners, deals with any dissenters or slackers quickly and ruthlessly, plays attractive football, and won't put up with crappy paper clackers. What's that Uruguayan's name again......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
very harsh indeed

Not at all, for the most part he did well with ridiculous constraints. I don't recall all this anti MM crap when he kept us in the Championship and then signed a new contract.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think I missed the email, are we all supposed to start a thread about a random manager getting the job?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I well remember wet days at Withdean feeling I wanted McGhee (Mister Magoo) to sort it out - make a change - do something. Nice enough guy - bit of a dour Scot though - in our current position we can do better - much better. Need a guy with passion, played at very the top level, an international focus, doesn't take prisoners, deals with any dissenters or slackers quickly and ruthlessly, plays attractive football, and won't put up with crappy paper clackers. What's that Uruguayan's name again......

Yes i would take him back on everything you have just said-with one exception-his heart is no longer here...........

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He did a dwcent job when we needed him but not the man to take is forward now. Need to continue with the same sort of manager as Gus so we don t need a massive overhaul of players. Maybe the new man can also work on a plan B and C when things are not going quite so well. :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think I missed the email, are we all supposed to start a thread about a random manager getting the job?

Yes but you'd better get your thinking cap on, most have already been covered. Repetition is considered failure, good luck.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Not at all, for the most part he did well with ridiculous constraints. I don't recall all this anti MM crap when he kept us in the Championship and then signed a new contract.

sooo sorry - not properly awake yet !

I am with you all the way - misunderstood your bollocks so to speak (thought you meant mm bollocks not twizzle)

twizzle's comments are the very harsh ones

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here