Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Hoddle

Dex10

Sep 8, 2010
When spurs sacked Harry I asked an associate of his if he would be interested in the job. He said that levy would not go for him but if any job was to come up he would be interested in the Albion... Thoughts?..,

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Imagine if he brought Chris Waddle to teach our wingers in the art of crossing and wing tricksiness. It would be flair.

And the pre-match entertainment would be sorted.

Dex10

Sep 8, 2010
Very underestimated in my view.. Always remember the 10 man England performance against Argentina which was the best management I've ever witnessed

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Very underestimated in my view.. Always remember the 10 man England performance against Argentina which was the best management I've ever witnessed

Didn't he publish his 1998 World Cup diary, breaking dressing room confidences along the way?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not that inspiring a choice, but could be worse.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not for me,not to say it could not work as stranger things have happened..

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I see my one-man campaign for Kevin Keegan to be Brighton boss is being overlooked. :down:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A tremendous tactician but has always had question marks over man-management. There are worse appointments but around half a dozen better.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I think I remember reading both Rio Ferdinand and Gary Neville in interviews marked Hoddle out as the England manager they most enjoyed playing for and who they learned most from when in the England setup. That surprised me a bit because I'd always thought Hoddle was aloof and that his man-management skills were lacking.

Their involvement with him was 15 years ago now though and he has been out of football management for quite a few years now, focusing on developing his academy in Spain. His managerial record post-millennium has been a bit hit and miss really, from what I recall Wolves fans were close to holding a street party when he left Molineux. I have formed the impression when I've seen him as a pundit that he wouldn't mind one more crack at being a manager somewhere, but that it would need to be somewhere that he could get his team to play in the style in which he played back in the day. So from that end, I can see why Brighton would fit the bill as his type of club. Even allowing for Barber's previous Tottenham connections though, I think Brighton's next appointment will be a fair bit younger.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here