Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett tweet

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Elliott Bennett has just tweeted this

Hearing a lot of bad things about my former manager Gus Poyet, can only speak how I find but he is a top manager who helped me a lot!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is quite a difference between a fledgling Bennett as opposed to Vicente

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
He's also said this about Gus

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 21.56.15.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 21.56.15.png
    426.2 KB · Views: 1,977

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There is quite a difference between a fledgling Bennett as opposed to Vicente

Agree. I imagine, to a degree, players like Bennett manage themselves. Players like Vicente will actually need management....if you get my drift. So Bennett probably won't have been exposed to Gus' short comings.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Agree. I imagine, to a degree, players like Bennett manage themselves. Players like Vicente will actually need management....if you get my drift. So Bennett probably won't have been exposed to Gus' short comings.

Also Bennett was our best player by quite a way at the time so would have always been 1st on the team sheet so treated very well.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There is also probably a world between an Elliott Bennett Poyet and the 3 years later ego maniac Poyet.

As someone who recently went to a players sponsors' dinner, I would say the majority of the present players agree with Benno.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As someone who recently went to a players sponsors' dinner, I would say the majority of the present players agree with Benno.

Of course they would have.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Well they are hardly likely to slag Poyet off in an open environment are they

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Was with my 4 year old (now) 7 at a Brighton christmas party in Burgess Hill, we had travelled a long way in the snow and Gus and Tanno independently came up to my daughter and gave her a signed autograph, didnt even ask, just a pure gent.

Gus has handled things wrongly made mistakes but was/is the best manager we have had since Alan Mullery. Alan Mullery was the man who wanted to get rid of Peter Ward remember. I wonder if Liam Bridcutt has got the same thoughts on Gus Poyet as Vicente and Liam is no fledging.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I would listen to Bennett over Vicente every single day of the week.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Why ? Two years is a long time when many things could have changed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Given you cannot speak Spanish I presume you would :smile:

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Thankyou Gus!

Regardless of what happens and what has happend we will never get the full picture I just wanted to say a massive thankyou for the last 3 and abit years, they have been wonderful as an Albion Supporter and u for one wish you good luck in all your endeavours wherever you are! 3 Cheers for Gus!!!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I trust Benny Elliott's findings of life with Gus. I doubt in an increasingly high pressure environment everyone gets on, but the players of this year seemed to be up for games in the run-in and that ambition and belief must have come from somewhere outside of themselves. I hope there's not a continuous slag-off and some come out and say how much they loved it, because we all pretty much did.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here