Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the Amex Atmosphere now change?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well 2 defeats and 2 draws is still a bad home run and a near equivalent to several defeats

Lol..no it's not its two defeats ...one of which we were still top for...and the Leeds game was IMHO a reasonable performance and one we were clearly the better side ...Varneys dive did for us as I recall...I remember the Ipswich game being dire ...boro a one nil defeat ..Greer own goal? ...so I don't think that constitutes a run of several defeats...just my opinion like

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I predict the atmosphere generated by the NS will fall next season. Quite a few of the singers/song starters moved towards the end of the season to underneath the police box. Whenever they now start songs the rest of the NS cannot hear them, even one block away its no where near as loud as it was before

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Lol..no it's not its two defeats ...one of which we were still top for...and the Leeds game was IMHO a reasonable performance and one we were clearly the better side ...Varneys dive did for us as I recall...I remember the Ipswich game being dire ...boro a one nil defeat ..Greer own goal? ...so I don't think that constitutes a run of several defeats...just my opinion like

I was calling for Poyets head after the Leeds game

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
pay more attention fella, watch the final and hear the noise

They will sound very loud,especially if they win,that said its an easy song for all to join into,just like Play up Pompey of Portsmouth-football songs need to be slow and easy to sing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I predict the atmosphere generated by the NS will fall next season. Quite a few of the singers/song starters moved towards the end of the season to underneath the police box. Whenever they now start songs the rest of the NS cannot hear them, even one block away its no where near as loud as it was before

Or it could go the other way and spread out

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sorry but the Amex has never sounded like this-face it for now

unless we sing Albiyawn

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Agreed. Under the. Football of the Amex era, the fans are conditioned o be patient, and thus the atmosphere remains positive even during spells without chances / goals. A few years back 20 minutes under pressure would stoke a negative atmosphere.

I see what you did there...

Personally, I'd like to move to the North stand after university. I like to think I sing a lot so hopefully if more of the singers move towards the North it'll keep improving.

If we get a new manager this summer, I reckon the atmosphere for the first home game next season will be quite excitable.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here