Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the Amex Atmosphere now change?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Will a new manager and style of perhaps less control and perhaps more risk result in a change of how the match day atmosphere generates itself?

More end to end action?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I doubt it as compared to Withdean the atmosphere is already 100% better, I like it

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I doubt it as compared to Withdean the atmosphere is already 100% better, I like it

only 100? :lol: but will games be more open,will games be easier sometimes as we aim to put teams to bed,will we slip up on occasion,it's a serious question.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It might give the fans more hope if we go a goal behind, instead of trying (and failing) to break down teams.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Agreed. Under the. Football of the Amex era, the fans are conditioned o be patient, and thus the atmosphere remains positive even during spells without chances / goals. A few years back 20 minutes under pressure would stoke a negative atmosphere.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
Atmosphere will take 5 seasons to develop

New ground, people need to slowly move towards the noisy areas as they renew STs

Unlike terraces when you could move during the game !

Give it time, just sing or heart out

If you shout loud enough, you can't hear if no one else is joining in !!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So many of you lot make me laugh. The Amex is probably in the top 4 atmospheres in the division already for home support. Home support in around 82 of the 92 pro teams is dreadfull as any away fan coulfd confirm.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Depends on the new managers views on hand clappers and opera singers.

Profoundly disagree it will have nothing to do with the manager of the football team these type of decisions.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I liked the opera singer and I've kept my clacker. I think the new manager job ad needs to read.. "must be able to tolerate opera singers, clackers, balloons, the occasional low flying seagull, fan zone and ad hoc marketing and PR campaigns to create atmosphere or engender support without consultation"

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
So many of you lot make me laugh. The Amex is probably in the top 4 atmospheres in the division already for home support. Home support in around 82 of the 92 pro teams is dreadfull as any away fan coulfd confirm.

absolute rubbish mate singing albion albion all day does not work

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
absolute rubbish mate singing albion albion all day does not work

To be fair that dreadfull song is the only time we are capable of singing in unison and generating any real volume,that can be heard by away fans.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What about,taking away the singing part,how will peoples perception of what the game is going like,the fact that the very real possibility exists that we could be watching a more direct,traditional style of play,we also may not,or, we could be watching a better version of what Gus was trying to achieve,this for me will impact on the experience and as a result,the atmosphere within the ground.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here