Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One of my best Albion days today

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Withe the Mrs bed ridden with the lurgy today, I took the opportunity to take my 3 year old boy up to the Amex for the Sussex Cup final and have a bit of father/son time.

I parked up in Bennets and after a quick stop in the shop to buy him a mini gully we took our seats behind the home dugout-after telling him about Gully and seeing how excited he was about seeing him,it's was great when Gully came over for high fives and a photo-made his week.

Proudly wearing his stripes and waving his Albion flag,he got bored around 20 mins in so I bribed him with sweets and a magazine until HT an though after that we may have to go home-oh no he wouldn't leave until the final whistle,despite me offering a few times to leave. On the way back to car,he was singing "seagulls" and when i put him to bed tonight,off his own back he thanked me for today and asked if he could come again.

Forget Gus, forget Barber-they will come and go, but the club that we have will hopefully always be there and a new generation of supporter was there today watching the next crop of potential talent-we've go nothing to worry about-yes we missed out on the prem this time-but what a future we have to look forward to-great day

Mr-N

Mar 31, 2012
After all the revelations of late this was a welcoming read,

Glad you and the boy enjoyed the day.

I'd take getting excited over Gully over whinging about the beer Que any day of the week

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Hopefully a big fan for the future, watching our players of the future! :albion2:

May 15, 2013
I recently took my daughter to her first Palace match, she is five and was born in Brighton and she loved going, the occasion and the atmosphere, she is only five remember she only just stop believing that Messi plays for us. I've Been down here about 10 years now, you lost a generation of supporters being away at Gillingham and than at the Withdean so it is really good to see kids wearing the Brighton shirts down here. All in all I would rather have her understand the highs of this week, for us, and the lows of the St Paddies day Massacre then be a Chelsea or Man Utd fan. You teach your son 'You burnt down your town' and I'll teach my daughter 'we are Palace we clap with our hands' and we will have a good rivalry for years to come.
The only think i would say after the weeks events is make sure they are potty trained.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
yeah it's a special day the first time you take your boy out the Albion

mine was Forest at the Withdean about 7 years ago

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Lovely story, what a tonic.
I've been desperate to take my boy but haven't been as brave as you. He talks about the Albion loads and proudly wears his albion kit to football practice at his school here in Southend. But he turned 6 this week and he can't wait to go on the stadium tour with me in 2 weeks and I think I'll brave a match day next season with him and my 5 year old daughter who is just as enthusiastic.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Withe the Mrs bed ridden with the lurgy today, I took the opportunity to take my 3 year old boy up to the Amex for the Sussex Cup final and have a bit of father/son time.

I parked up in Bennets and after a quick stop in the shop to buy him a mini gully we took our seats behind the home dugout-after telling him about Gully and seeing how excited he was about seeing him,it's was great when Gully came over for high fives and a photo-made his week.

Proudly wearing his stripes and waving his Albion flag,he got bored around 20 mins in so I bribed him with sweets and a magazine until HT an though after that we may have to go home-oh no he wouldn't leave until the final whistle,despite me offering a few times to leave. On the way back to car,he was singing "seagulls" and when i put him to bed tonight,off his own back he thanked me for today and asked if he could come again.

Forget Gus, forget Barber-they will come and go, but the club that we have will hopefully always be there and a new generation of supporter was there today watching the next crop of potential talent-we've go nothing to worry about-yes we missed out on the prem this time-but what a future we have to look forward to-great day

NSC needed a 'feel good' thread this week.
:salute:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Thank you, wonderful story,

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Great stuff. Currently debating when to take my two year old and for him to enjoy it properly. Sooner the better but I don't want to put him off. He's been to the Amex when it's empty but his first game? Sussex Senior Cup is not a bad time.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I recently took my daughter to her first Palace match, she is five and was born in Brighton and she loved going, the occasion and the atmosphere, she is only five remember she only just stop believing that Messi plays for us. I've Been down here about 10 years now, you lost a generation of supporters being away at Gillingham and than at the Withdean so it is really good to see kids wearing the Brighton shirts down here. All in all I would rather have her understand the highs of this week, for us, and the lows of the St Paddies day Massacre then be a Chelsea or Man Utd fan. You teach your son 'You burnt down your town' and I'll teach my daughter 'we are Palace we clap with our hands' and we will have a good rivalry for years to come.
The only think i would say after the weeks events is make sure they are potty trained.

Shouldn't your daughter support her local club?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Lovely story, what a tonic.
I've been desperate to take my boy but haven't been as brave as you. He talks about the Albion loads and proudly wears his albion kit to football practice at his school here in Southend. But he turned 6 this week and he can't wait to go on the stadium tour with me in 2 weeks and I think I'll brave a match day next season with him and my 5 year old daughter who is just as enthusiastic.
Please take the little ones...I wanted to go to see the Albion as a kid...but my Dad hated football and I did'nt get to see them till 1958...55 years of pure Albion love. Took my son in the 70s and he now brings his grandkids....

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Please take the little ones...I wanted to go to see the Albion as a kid...but my Dad hated football and I did'nt get to see them till 1958...55 years of pure Albion love. Took my son in the 70s and he now brings his grandkids....

You're right and I will next season. I was desperate to go and see us play as a little'un but didn't see my first game until 84 when I was 11, and I thank my grandad every day for that.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC

Nice to hear mate, I'm glad your son enjoyed today!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here