Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two days on. The Dambusters.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Please take away the 'Who's or wrong' and as a few of have flown ok by jet/prop. Surely this Quality of flying will be seen again ??
:bigwave:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I bet he drinks Carling Black Label.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Now against the Geneva convention but an example of British invention combined with the skill and heroism of the crews. The film is great also even when halfwits overdub the dogs name.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Now against the Geneva convention but an example of British invention combined with the skill and heroism of the crews. The film is great also even when halfwits overdub the dogs name.
Yeah, the bowdlerisation of the film really irritates me as well. In fairness the last time I saw it on Channel 5 (a few months ago) they broadcast pretty much the un-bowdlerised version which was good. Also it's worth pointing out it's not just the dog's name, it was the codeword for the successful destruction of the dam and thus is a major part of the story.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
for low flying nothing before or since has come close to RAF buccaneers
buccaneer2.jpg

for low flying nothing before or since has come close to RAF buccaneers
View attachment 42903

This is very true but did you hear what the 617 bombardier said? They were flying on a practice mission at less than 50 ft when another Lanc passed underneath them!

Now that's low flying and ballsy!

Oh and BTW, the Bucc is one of the most underrated aircraft ever. It never got the recognition it deserved.

Last edited:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Great film, watched it with the kids yesterday on Channel 5. They didn't change the dog's name/codeword, so i had to do some tedious dad-explaining afterwards - would have been bad if they'd gone a bit odd and invented an imaginary dog in the playground. Think i'm ok now.

It was a **** to work on leaked oil like a ******* .

Did you work on the Buccaneer?

I used to work with a guy who worked on Harriers and he said those were an arse to work on too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here