Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could 2013/14 be CMS's season?

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Assuming he recovers well from his injury. We all know he can put the ball in the net. But the way GP insisted we played, clearly didn't suit his style. With an inevitable managerial change, could this be the turning point in CMS's Albion career? I think the new manager would be crazy to sell him if a bid came in. 2 wingers plus Ulloa + CMS could well be the winning formula...Under the right management!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Top scorer this season despite 5 weeks off in 2012 and his injury this year. Leo and CMS must be tried as for the knockers, look what Poyet ahs done for Leo in the last four games, nil point. Its how these guys are managed. Leo on his own up front is like CMS on his own up front lonely and ineffective!!
:clap:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leo and CMS could work together, but I still reckon we need to bring in another striker.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
If we don't have a huge transfer budget then we need to make the most of our present assets, CMS included. I really hope he gets fully fit and gets a hat full of goals next season. He needs to feel the love from a new manager and be played in the right formation. OK he may not ever make a name for himself in the Prem but there are number of Championship clubs who really fear him - he is not as bad as some on here perceive and could be more effective given the right support.

A CMS and Ulloa attack could be a revelation. I would still hope to see Barnes and a winger in the starting XI too. A manager who plays that sort of formation will get my support.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How long is Hoskins out for?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
If our style of play next season is attack attack attack then I'm sure he will get a lot of goals, especially if the new manager gives him some confidence.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
IF someone can make a partnership out of him and Ulloa we should start firing in the goals. Will be be as solid as with Gus? Maybe not, but I bet we have more wins next season even if same points total.

Both styles have their good side but think to win league you need to score more goals. Would have been insanely happy with 4th this season though!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
to be honest from what I have seen , Ulloa and Barnes look a great combo . Poyet just didn't play it enough despite it clicking several times

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
to be honest from what I have seen , Ulloa and Barnes look a great combo . Poyet just didn't play it enough despite it clicking several times
Barnes was suspended for 10 of those matches.

CMS didn't score many at this level under Ferguson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here