at home
WTF

So is that the end of matt smith?

John hurt....is he a goodie or baddie?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would spoil it but as I didn't have much of a clue what was going on, I can't.

Kind of sums up my week as an Albion supporter.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I give up!!!!!
More riddles than 321 with ted Rodgers when they used to try and get the clues to win a car

So John hurt is the true form of what the doctor looks like ? is it ? Is he ? Oh I don't know please can someone on NSC unravel all this bollocks

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
WTF

So is that the end of matt smith?

John hurt....is he a goodie or baddie?
It was kind of weird - as 11 said he JH didn't act in The Doctor's name is the 50th anniversary episode (which is next) going to be in an alternate timeline?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Matt Smith is still the doctor.

John Hurt is a previous incarnation, one which the doctor doesn't even admit to - the doctor's greatest secret - because whatever he 'did' ( which I guess was pretty terrible ) was not done in the 'name of the doctor'.

Maybe a doctor before the 1st one, or maybe something to do with some act in the Time War.

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think he might something to do with the Time War, maybe a version of the Doctor that wiped out the Daleks and Time Lords to end the Time War before then going on to travel through time and save people?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Matt Smith isn't the 11th Doctor, but the 12th.

John Hurt is the 'real' 9th Doctor (ie: between Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston) who did something so terrible in the Time War that the Time Lords forced him to regenerate into Christopher Eccleston and then took the physical manifestation of the 'real' 9th Doctor out of time, so that the only place any trace of him still exists is in his own timestream.

This will all be explained further on November 23rd.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Some idiots on Twitter actually thought that the whole point of that ending was to announce the The Doctor's 'real name' is John Hurt.

There are not enough facepalms on this Earth to represent that level of stupidity.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I think he might something to do with the Time War, maybe a version of the Doctor that wiped out the Daleks and Time Lords to end the Time War before then going on to travel through time and save people?
Thats's probably the most plausible idea I think - although it was interesting the hear the name of The Valyard mentioned earlier in the episode.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Crap series, great ending.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I quite fancy the idea of John Hurt as the Doctor

movienight4-nakedcivil.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Some dr who fans on den of geek seem to think he might be the valeyard. I like the idea of him being the time war doctor, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here