Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Play Offs Right Or Wrong?

0 Not allowed!
    the advantadges are obvious,keeps the interest for alot of clubs,wembley and all that

something don't seem right about today though,Bradford finishing 7th but getting promoted

not only that,but a fancy day out at Wembley and collecting a cup at the end of it

something the automatic promoted clubs miss out on

surely after 46 games,the rightful teams promoted should be the top 3/4

obviously this will not change,as Wembley has just become a cash cow

play offs right or wrong?
    18th April 1981 Cyrstal Palace 0 Brighton 3 (Gregory2,Smith1)

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      It's bollocks to be honest, best teams should go up.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Totally right. Keeps the season interesting for so many more teams and everyone knows the rules at the start of the season, if you finish 3rd (or 4th in League 2), you don't go up automatically.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      They have been going long enough now for clubs to know the drill at the start of the season. It is a bit of an Americanisation of the sport as this is commonplace in the NBA, NFL etc, but at least it keeps interest going right to the end of the campaign whereas in the past there might often have been a lot of dead rubbers come the final month of the season. I used to be against them going back a few years, but they have become part of the furniture now and sometimes the play-off winners have fared better than the automatically promoted sides the following campaign, perhaps because they have the momentum whereas the top 2 will have got it wrapped up and then started thumbing the holiday brochures.

0 Not allowed!
      Nothing wrong with them. We lost so deal with it.
      Rustingtons' Mr Guiness Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Its all about the money these days. TV rules, therefore the play-offs stay.
      And no, Its not right. Top 3 up, bottom three down is the way it should be - and that includes the Conference (which should be League 3)
      “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter S Thompson

0 Not allowed!
      i feel the losers in the play offs final should get a runner up medal like they do in champion league final or the fa cup

0 Not allowed!
      In my view totally wrong, you play all season gathering points, finish third only to be beaten by some team who finished 6th some ten points behind you. During this game, the Ref makes a bad decision, that leads to the 6th place team being promoted and all the seasons hard work goes up in smoke.
      Those types of games are for cup matches not league deciders.

0 Not allowed!
      I do not think the play off teams should be rewarded with a game at Wembley or a trophy.
      The play offs should remain with 3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th.
      The final should then be held at the home venue of the highest team left in.
      So for this year as Watford finished third, then they should play Palace in the final at their home ground (Vicarage Road).
      As that should be an advantage, you should get the higher placed teams winning.

0 Not allowed!
      In my heart of hearts I know the play offs are wrong. The best teams over the season should go up.

But, they are such damn good theatre.

I say keep them but tweak the rules so they are more in favour of the higher placed teams. Dunno how, but in some way.

For example, why not get rid of penalties in the semis? Play 2 legs, draw at the end, highest placed team goes through.
      Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.