Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to drop the Brighton/Palace rivalry?

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Poogate is disgusting and embarrassing and I don't care how much we profess to hate Palace, it's a step too far. The level of Policing required at Brighton/Palace games should be an embarrassment to fans of both clubs. The petty incidents of broken car mirrors, abuse at railway stations and of young children may have been the norm in the 70s and 80s but surely its not acceptable in 2013?

And for what? A rivalry that the fans can't even agree why it exists!

Personally, having harboured this 'hatred' for decades, I have now lost interest in it. To be honest, I would rather see the likes of Brighton, Palace and other similar sized clubs forming a bond against the biggest money bagged clubs. Real clubs with real fans should stick together!

Palace and Brighton fans involved with the REMF have shown the way. Perhaps we, fans of both clubs, should grow up, shake hands and start working on mutual respect rather than mutual dislike?

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I agree to an extent...why can't we have the rivalry but without the faux "hatred" (so pathetic)

After all Palace are the closest we have to a local derby. (And please don't start quoting Crawley Town to me, they won't be in the league for vey long)

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Thought it was amusing to be honest, but now it's all over the media etc it's not great, we're always going to hate Palace.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
yes

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I agree to an extent...why can't we have the rivalry but without the faux "hatred" (so pathetic)

After all Palace are the closest we have to a local derby. (And please don't start quoting Crawley Town to me, they won't be in the league for vey long)

I'd still like Watford to stuff them though!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Poogate is disgusting and embarrassing and I don't care how much we profess to hate Palace, it's a step too far. The level of Policing required at Brighton/Palace games should be an embarrassment to fans of both clubs. The petty incidents of broken car mirrors, abuse at railway stations and of young children may have been the norm in the 70s and 80s but surely its not acceptable in 2013?

Personally, having harboured this 'hatred' for decades, I have now lost interest in it. To be honest, I would rather see the likes of Brighton, Palace and other similar sized clubs forming a bond against the biggest money bagged clubs. Real clubs with real fans should stick together!

Palace and Brighton fans involved with the REMF have shown the way. Perhaps we, fans of both clubs, should grow up, shake hands and start working on mutual respect rather than mutual dislike?

Agree with you - I'm sick of it to be honest. I don't dislike Palace the club as such, just some of their supporters I encounter on the internet, less so those in real life.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

No, NEVER! You can do what you like, real fans will always hate Palarse. I will never forget the 70s.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Agree cut out vandalism and hooliganism and other similar behaviour so that it's just a normal game going to and from the ground but still can be rivals

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here