Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for away fans

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
After counting too many chickens at 7.44 on Monday, I was envisaging how it would be to walk into the Emirates, Old Trafford etc as an equal, rather than a plucky team from the south coast, "their cup final" patronising banality. Over years of travelling to the far flung corners of the league, the only time we met a "top" team was coming back from Wigan when Spurs fans were returning from Blackburn. After telling them that my mum does indeed know I'm heterosexual and that they are far too ugly to tell me, we had a footie united journey south.

Before most games we always mix with the locals and have a drink while lamenting the fact we aren't in top division 'appen. (Everywhere is always north of us). So as much as Monday broke my heart, and destroyed my hopes of most of Sussex heading north like the great migration of 1983, I kind of like the fact that we mix with proper football fans.

Question is, if Monday had been different, would we have had the same banter with fans from the big teams? With hand on heart I'm looking forward to going to Barnsley with stories to tell of what might have been. Always with a half glass full.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here